Even after job loss...Still going!! 9/7 Breeze..here we come!!

Emeraldeyes5969

I previously posted that I was cancelling my booking due to DH recent unexpected job loss. We have the Vacation Protection but He did not feel comfortable asking his former employer for documentation of his recent employment status (I don't blame him) which would have put us in the 75% cancel for any reason category...so we decided we are going...Since the cruise is paid in full, non refundable flights were purchased and spending money had been set aside...we decided we are going to go and have a great time and not worry about a thing...so 21 days and counting!!

P.S. I have heard there are discount codes for excursion...anyone know where I can find them???

I don't know anything about the discount codes for excursions but want to let you know we were in the "same boat" (no pun intended) with a cruise and job loss. DH also unexpectedly lost his job but we still went on our cruise on Carnival Liberty this past April. Our reasoning? He wasn't working, not getting many interviews at that time, and once employed again it might be a year before he could even take a vacation. We had the $$$ set aside but did pass on some indulgences (mainly spending on souvenir type stuff in ports) and had a great time. It was so good just to get away and have fun. DH had one rule during the cruise...not talk about the job situation, which we didn't. DH is now employed again, but it had been almost a year. Good luck to your DH and so happy for you that you're still going on your cruise and I really hope you have a wonderful time.

I previously posted that I was cancelling my booking due to DH recent unexpected job loss. We have the Vacation Protection but He did not feel comfortable asking his former employer for documentation of his recent employment status (I don't blame him) which would have put us in the 75% cancel for any reason category...so we decided we are going...Since the cruise is paid in full, non refundable flights were purchased and spending money had been set aside...we decided we are going to go and have a great time and not worry about a thing...so 21 days and counting!!

P.S. I have heard there are discount codes for excursion...anyone know where I can find them???

Grand Cayman they have 7 mile beach is nice looks like a great cruise and prices look great. Search the port of call boards and see where other people have gone for a reasonable price.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

I have never heard of discount codes for Carnival excursions but you can plan your own for a quarter of the price. I used to book excursions through Carnival and stopped doing it back in 2002, when they wanted a ridiculous amount for a Dolphin Swim. Saved 60% buy taking a cab to the place and booking it through them. Since then I hop on guided tour vans for $20 or $25 versus bus trips for less time for $49. Going to Cozumel in October, there's a 3 1/2 hour tour to a Mayan Ruin and some beach time for $69. I can get a cab for 4 hours for $60.

Edited by pamrose228

I don't blame you...I most certainly would go also. I am unemployed right now and we took a last-minute cruise last month. I figured I would find a job eventually. Besides, when there is a job, then you have to worry about getting the time off. So go while you have the availability. You can save a lot of money but just going to local beaches, depending on your ports.

I don't blame you...I most certainly would go also. I am unemployed right now and we took a last-minute cruise last month. I figured I would find a job eventually. Besides, when there is a job, then you have to worry about getting the time off. So go while you have the availability. You can save a lot of money but just going to local beaches, depending on your ports.

That's exactly what we did for our Liberty cruise this past April, but just didn't mention that we booked last minute while DH was out of work. A few of our family/friends thought we were off our rocker but most agreed that it was a great idea. It had been a very long and cold winter in addition to the job loss...we needed to get away and booked the cruise about a month out and am so glad we did.

My first cruise in '09 I lost my job a month and a half prior.

I figured "F it" it was paid for, I'm going on a cruise. :D

While I was on Orient Beach in St Martin my friend texts me asking me why I haven't called the recruiter for the company he worked for back. I was like, I'm on a cruise, he's like Unemployment must pay well (it doesn't).

A week later I was back on dry land with an upper respiratory infection and a job interview. I recommend the job interview not the upper respiratory infection.

Good luck to your husband.