UPDATE: Wife broke leg cruise cancelled

tazdeb

I called a rep at www.insuremytrip.com and was told that refundable costs such as taxes and port fees do not need to be included in the amt. of insurance taken out.

That's really good to know!

I was contemplated calling and adding to the amount that I insured my upcoming cruise for. We upgraded our stateroom by $180.

After reading that someone said, "Also, depending on policy, many companies require you to cover the ENTIRE cost of your trip if you have a Pre-Existing Condition rider and/or a Cancel For Any Reason rider. If the insurance company determines that you did not cover the entire cost of your travel, the insurance policy can be voided and any claims denied", I got worried. The amount of our taxes and ports, will take care of the upgrade cost. ;)

Patti - I am not sure why you addressed your post to me. :confused:

I am really impressed that you had 8 cruises to cancel in one year. :eek: How many did you have booked?

I thought from your post " montekat - Where did you hear this"? that you were questioning montekat about where they heard about not having to include port fees and taxes when purchasing cruise insurance. So I thought I would let you know exactly what would be refunded from RCI in the event of a cancellation after final payment.

We had 8 cruises booked last year and were able to do our b2b in June. Due to my husband becoming ill last October the cruises we had booked for October, December and January had to be cancelled. But I lied.........it was only 6 that were cancelled.:o Sure seemed like 8 after all the paperwork I had to do.:p

I thought from your post " montekat - Where did you hear this"? that you were questioning montekat about where they heard about not having to include port fees and taxes when purchasing cruise insurance. So I thought I would let you know exactly what would be refunded from RCI in the event of a cancellation after final payment.

We had 8 cruises booked last year and were able to do our b2b in June. Due to my husband becoming ill last October the cruises we had booked for October, December and January had to be cancelled. But I lied.........it was only 6 that were cancelled.:o Sure seemed like 8 after all the paperwork I had to do.:p

:) I see where you were coming from, but we do not buy RCCL insurance. If we were to cancel a cruise after final payment, we would not get anything back from RCCL. We would have to go through our insurance company for any reimbursements.

I hope that your husband is doing better. ;) I am still jealous that you had 6 cruises to cancel. :D Will you be making them up this next year?

Keeping your CC name on file with some other noted in the event that I ever have to file insurance papers for a missed cruise. Thanks! ;)

Edited by Iamthesea