Food on Brilliance

artvlay

We are taking a 13 night cruise on Brilliance in October. We like to eat in the main dining room, but don't know the quality of the food these days. Also, do you like Chops and the Italian restaurants on Brilliance? Thank you

spent 46 days onboard Brilliance last year, and the MDR food was fine. It did get a bit repetitive, but that's a problem when you spend a lot of time on ships, and really not a big deal.

CHops was OK, but we loved Giovanni's table, and went many times. One of our favorite waiters was in Giovanni's, and we are looking forward to seeing him in October when we do the repositioning from Boston. Since you say you are on for 13 days in October, I suspect you are on the same cruise as we are.

Why not come over to our rollcall and introduce yourself! We have done this cruise since it started (started doing it on Jewel) and many of the same people come back year after year.

We are taking a 13 night cruise on Brilliance in October. We like to eat in the main dining room, but don't know the quality of the food these days. Also, do you like Chops and the Italian restaurants on Brilliance? Thank you

We just spent 2 weeks on Brilliance and all the food was just fine! We ate in all the specialty restaurants and they were very good. We even did the Chef's Table and found it to be an exceptional meal.

spent 46 days onboard Brilliance last year, and the MDR food was fine. It did get a bit repetitive, but that's a problem when you spend a lot of time on ships, and really not a big deal.

CHops was OK, but we loved Giovanni's table, and went many times. One of our favorite waiters was in Giovanni's, and we are looking forward to seeing him in October when we do the repositioning from Boston. Since you say you are on for 13 days in October, I suspect you are on the same cruise as we are.

Why not come over to our rollcall and introduce yourself! We have done this cruise since it started (started doing it on Jewel) and many of the same people come back year after year.

Hello, thank you for that great information. We do need to go to the rollcall.

We were thinking of buying three dinners, two at Giovanni's Table and one at Chops.

We usually take a fall Transatlantic cruise but this year, we decided to stay closer to home.

Look forward to getting to know you

Maria and Marshall

Excellent food on the Brilliance. :)

Good to hear that the food on the Brilliance is good. Like the other two, I am also doing the 13 day transposition cruise. I have already booked Chops and Giovanni and I guess that it is just like the Allure, Giovanni is better than Chops.

Stan:cool:

Did the 14N TA out of Tampa this past May. Generally thought the food was good in all venues, just about the same as other RC ships. However, no lobster or fisherman's platter the entire cruise. Hope Clo O'Connor is still onboard as CD, she is a blast!

• 2 weeks later...
How is the food in the Park Cafe in the Solarium on Brilliance? Is there a decent selection and what are their hours?

Thanks

We haven't been on Brilliance, but the Park Cafe on other ships is open for breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack, and late night snack. Closed around dinner time. We found the operating hours in the Cruise Compass.

Edited by clarea

Can you tell me if Brilliance has the BOGO for Diamond Plus on first night? Sorry, obviously, I am asking about in specialty restaurants. I see 20% discount but just wondering if this is available on shorter cruises.

Edited by pinkrosesdeb

Can you tell me if Brilliance has the BOGO for Diamond Plus on first night? Sorry, obviously, I am asking about in specialty restaurants. I see 20% discount but just wondering if this is available on shorter cruises.

Yes, Brilliance would honor the D+ coupon for BOGO specialty restaurant.

We are just off the Brilliance 12 night cruise to Scandinavia and Russia. We were both pleasantly surprised by the food in the main dining room. The menu choices were good and food always came out hot and with an appetizing presentation. The service was also great. All of this was a welcome experience over our Brilliance main dining room experience a year ago. We also opted to do the Chef's Table (twice) along with Chop's Grill and Izumi. Chops were just rolling out their new menu the night we went, and the food was very good. This was the first time we had ever done Izumi and apparently, there has been a change in how they charge. There was no cover charge and all menu items are charged ala carte. Just like a land based restaurant.I ordered the sea food hot rock which was very good. My DH had sushi and asked the chef to be creative and he made him up something very tasty.

How is the food in the Park Cafe in the Solarium on Brilliance? Is there a decent selection and what are their hours?

Thanks

Its been a few months now, but for breakfast, as I remember, there were pastries, bagels with toppings, egg Mcmuffins, fruit and fruit chunks, yogurt, and, I think, cereal.

Lunch was the famous roast beef sandwiches, soup, cold sandwiches, paninis, salads.

Snacks were hot dogs, pizza, fries, and probably other stuff I missed or forgot.

I forgot about the Park Cafe. The Kimmelweck sandwich was really good 2 out of 3 times I had one. The only so so one I had was made by someone not usually working in this venue. The salad bar was good. The one unexpected thing for me was the breakfast served here. It was really good. My DH enjoyed the breakfast sandwiches and I the muffins. There was a good variety of items and usually very happy service.

We are just back off Brilliance the 19th Aug sailing and we thought the food was ok, not great, not bad. I found a lot of the main courses bland and lacking in "something". I loved the soups and some of the desserts, but overall it didn't wow us. The service was top notch though which made up for what the food lacked. I think it is a volume issue and a problem that is not easy to fix.

We are just back off Brilliance the 19th Aug sailing and we thought the food was ok, not great, not bad. I found a lot of the main courses bland and lacking in "something". I loved the soups and some of the desserts, but overall it didn't wow us. The service was top notch though which made up for what the food lacked. I think it is a volume issue and a problem that is not easy to fix.

Did they still have chilled soups? We are looking forward to the savory bites.

• 2 months later...

We found the MDR food to be cruise ship average. Certainly good, but not exceptional. We actually thought the MDR food was better on our last Carnival sailing. Brilliance did have several cold soups that I really enjoyed.

The Windjammer was very good for lunch and dinner, though breakfast seemed to be slightly off for our entire cruise. The scrambled eggs were so watery as to be almost inedible, and there was a conspicuous bacon shortage every morning, with lots of complaints being voiced. Otherwise, all was well.