Dolphinaris Questions

jajsmom

I've read through some old threads on Dolphinaris, and it seems like an excursion my family would be interested in. We can get great rates online (30% discount plus upgrade to the dolphin swim.) My questions are:

--since we have to prepay now, what happens if your cruise cannot make it? They say you can cancel until 5 days prior, but we may not know anything by then.

--Both here and on trip advisor, the biggest complaint seems to be the cost of photos. They just added something on their site when you try to book, and if you prepay for the photos, it's "only" $40 per person for the photo package, as opposed to the $100 per person when you arrive. Even the deal seems rather expensive for 4 people. Has anyone purchased the photo package there, and can you tell me what you paid? I've also read that you can do some bargaining with them when you are there. Anyone have any experience with that that they can share?

Thanks for any info.

It's been four days now with almost 200 views. I can't believe no one has been able to weigh in.

I'll share what I've learned during this time. I did the live chat on the Dolphinaris website. I was told if a cruise ship does not make it, they will refund your money. As far as the photo "package", it includes one photo and 3 digital images. It must be purchased for each member of your group. A Google search revealed someone's personal blog that included prices of photos from last summer. They are still outrageous, but buying one or two photos as a momento will still be cheaper than prepaying for the package for the four of us.

Another question: Google maps shows this to be about a mile from the Punta Langasta pier. Has anyone walked this, and is it a relatively safe walk?

Thanks.

It's been four days now with almost 200 views. I can't believe no one has been able to weigh in.

I'll share what I've learned during this time. I did the live chat on the Dolphinaris website. I was told if a cruise ship does not make it, they will refund your money. As far as the photo "package", it includes one photo and 3 digital images. It must be purchased for each member of your group. A Google search revealed someone's personal blog that included prices of photos from last summer. They are still outrageous, but buying one or two photos as a momento will still be cheaper than prepaying for the package for the four of us.

Another question: Google maps shows this to be about a mile from the Punta Langasta pier. Has anyone walked this, and is it a relatively safe walk?

Thanks.

Can't help with details of Dolphinaris but providing you are all fit and mobile easy, safe walk from Punta Langosta pier, we have walked it and beyond, both ways, many times. Traffic can be rather busy especially on cruise ship days.

Dolphinaris just south of Cozumel Palace.

Edited by c-leg5

Thanks.

We have walked it as well. Not too far past Margaritaville.

Just a thought as to why a lot of people on here might have read this post and not commented (only my thoughts)...

Most people on here love and recommend Dolphin Discovery at Chankannab. You "usually" don't see a lot of people mention Dolphinaris on here because the people that usually visit this place are those that take the ship excursions I believe. Just a thought...:)

Just a thought as to why a lot of people on here might have read this post and not commented (only my thoughts)...

Most people on here love and recommend Dolphin Discovery at Chankannab. You "usually" don't see a lot of people mention Dolphinaris on here because the people that usually visit this place are those that take the ship excursions I believe. Just a thought...:)

On one of our last visits to Coz, we had friends that did the Dolphinaris dolphin swim then met us at Nachi Cocum for the rest of the day. They loved it. It was super easy and fast. We were at Nachi for only an hour or two before they got there. They said it was wonderful.

Thanks for your replies. I haven't been around because I've been getting DS back to college.

It sounds like this is the excursion we're going to do. DD17 went through the ship excursions and picked this one over Chankanaab. If we book on our own, it'll be $53 pp rather than the $129 pp that the cruise line charges. Transportation is not included, but I think we can all handle the walk, which looks like only about a mile from the port. And I "walked" it on google maps, and there is a sidewalk the entire way and it appears to be safe.

We will not be getting the photo package. Any pictures we may get, even at their ridiculous prices, will still be cheaper than prepaying.

Thanks for your help, and we'll report back after we go if we have any other info to share.

Thanks for your replies. I haven't been around because I've been getting DS back to college.

It sounds like this is the excursion we're going to do. DD17 went through the ship excursions and picked this one over Chankanaab. If we book on our own, it'll be $53 pp rather than the $129 pp that the cruise line charges. Transportation is not included, but I think we can all handle the walk, which looks like only about a mile from the port. And I "walked" it on google maps, and there is a sidewalk the entire way and it appears to be safe.

We will not be getting the photo package. Any pictures we may get, even at their ridiculous prices, will still be cheaper than prepaying.

Thanks for your help, and we'll report back after we go if we have any other info to share.

Yes, there is a good sidewalk all the way there. We were going in the other direction, but it's not a bad walk at all.

Walking is fine. Stay Oceanside if you want hassle free, other side if you want to shop, although not too many vendors along that stretch. You will pass Mega Mart and Chedraui if you want any provisions.

When are you going? I'm considering it for excursion with me and my 2 sisters, I also thought about the $40 photo package, but then also read many people have negotiated lower price and wonder if we might be better off that way vs $120?

We're going over Christmas break. Are you going before that?

The $40 photo package only included 1 picture and 3 digital images, but it was required to get it for each person, so $160. From a search I did, I found that you could get a 3 picture package for about $69, much more reasonable, and we could still try to negotiate that.