Taxi fare from Canada Place to Vancouver airport

toothmaker

Around $35. There are lots of traffic lights and slow traffic between Canada Place and Vancouver Airport. If its a weekday rush hour or a holiday weekend and you have a slow driver who catches every red light it could cost more than $50.

Take the subway/tube. We made it to the airport to pick up a late suitcase and back to Canada Place in an hour for a very small price. The terminal is less than 2 blocks from the entrance to the port. If you can handle your luggage for a short distance, it is a much quicker and cheaper solution.

Another vote for Skytrain, if you are able to handle your own luggage for short distances. A little local hint : When exiting the ship, rather than dragging your cases up the narrow uphill walkway to street level you can enter the doors to the hotel at the end of the parking lot and ride their elevator to street level.

To me the one "screw up" with Canada Place Cruise Ship Terminal" is trying to get out of there to the street when you are NOT on a bus or in a car/taxi. A nice escalator or moving sidewalk to the street would have been perfect but instead you have to either wait for that elevator in order to go up only one floor or drag up the sidewalk that gets narrower and narrower while dodging pilars etc! A poor introduction to Vancouver for those heading out to explore the city in my opinion (I live here too).

Terry

There is a Vancouver Airport Shuttle. Just walk out of the holding area. There will be someone with a sign. About $15.00 US per person. Small van. When it is full, it leaves. No stairs to drag luggage up. Just go out the door and turn left. When you can't go any further, turn right and keep walking.

http://www.vancouvershuttle.ca/cruise-transfers.html

I've used this service several times and they have never failed me.