Your favorite waiter : name and ship

DFritz

Our waiter, Terrence, was from Jamaica, and because we were on the Hurricane Dennis (Mariner 7/4/05) sailing -- this was affecting his homeland and his family. Luckily, everyone was okay. He was fantastic. But our asst. waiter, Sheldon, from Trindad/Tobago stole our hearts. He was absolutely the best! We saw him in the ports and he always came over and talked to us and he was absolutely a wonderful person. He always had a smile on his face and a positive attitude. He shared with us that it was his daughter's first birthday and he was missing it but was able to call home. We also saw him in the Windjammer at lunch and he made a special effort to make sure we had everything we needed. He truly made our voyage special. Sheldon even came to see us as we departed the ship and told us he would miss us! Nothing like seeing a special friend when you are getting back to reality! My son spent many days upon our return saying "he missed Sheldon".

East, waiter from Mariner along with Simona, assistant waiter. And by the way, you can request a server AFTER you get onboard. Go see the Maitre'd (sp) and he will put the request down for you. We did this during our last cruise on Mariner, although we couldn't get both, he did fufill our request and we had Simona.

Best waiter on the planet is Orhan from Turkey....currently on the Mariner of the Seas. He is fantastic! Very professional, yet funny. Extremely accommodating and goes out of his way to make everyone happy. Very bright and intelligent. When we returned to the Mariner our second time, he had lovely bracelets from Turkey for all of us.

Best Assitant waiter is Peter Constantino from the Phillipines. Always smiling, always there with another iced tea. Very polite, professional and funny.

We will be sailing with Orhan and Peter again for the 4th time in just 55 days when we sail the Mariner again in October.

We had a waiter named Joy. Had him both times we were on the Empress (Nordic, or, of the Seas). I believe he was from India. Does anyone know if he is still there? His assistant on our second trip, Solidad (sp?), She was great also.

Joy kept us laughing all dinner long.:) Giving some of our group wrong menus etc. :D :D We had so much fun with him they would litteraly chase us out of the dinning room when the second seating started to show up.

Adventure-HW-?-Turkey, AS-Carlos from Portugal-we loved Carlos..Navigator-Can't remember his name, but he was amazing..what a smile and AS-was okay not to talkative..

Mariner-HW-BooBoo(I am serious) and AS-can't remember, both were great.

Explorer-HW-Irime and AS-Sandra were both great (best of all) but I can't say enough about Georgia...from Romania...we met him the very minute we sat down in the promenade after lunch (when we had just boarded, waiting for our room to be cleaned). He came over and just started talking, well he ended up serving a few tables over from ours and we got to see him each time for dinner..I absolutely love Georgia..he was so funny, he would have the crowd laughing til they cried...he was amazing..he worked the dinner room and the promenade...if you ever get a chance to have this unique person, you will surely share good laughs each and every night.

The best ever was an assistant server, Mia and I cannot remember her country:confused: . This was on the old Independence, American Hawaiian Cruises in 2000. She was a mother hen to us and not only at the dinner table. As a matter of fact, I've never been on a ship where the staff and crew were so freindly and family-like.

Our waiter last year on Infinity, Elves, was very sweet and, I must say, a bit of eye candy!

We've never really had a bad wait staff, some just not as refined as others. On our one Carnival cruise, the guy who waited on us was always in a hurry. One RCI cruise, the guy had B.O., funny how we cannot remember their names.

I have to correct myself, her name was Mila, but I still cannot remember where she was from. I want to say Puerto Rico. Anyway, I wish all servers were as kind and caring as she was, she was one in a million.

Waiters --- Al from India on Majesty in 1995 was excellent-- best to date

Salmon Paradidi from Indonesia on Grandeur in 1996-- looked and talked like Tattoo from Fantasy Island-- what a riot!

Guersel from Turkey on Enchantment in 2001

Natasha from Trinidad on Serenade in 2003 and 2004-- very sweet and quite funny

Honorable mention goes to Andre from Jamaica on Vision in 2004-- not the best waiter but fun none the less-- you never knew what or IF you would get.

Can't remember all the others but we usually end up with very good waitstaff.

A lot of these guys may/will be changing ships with the launch of the Freedom. Quite a few of my crew friends have been picked for the "opening team". Also a lot of the "old timer's" on the Empress are leaving that ship for others in the fleet-- especially the bar staff-- as the bar management isn't the best to work for on that ship. If any of you have sailed the Empress/Nordic and remember these bar staff they've moved on to the following ships:

Charmie (bartender) going to Mariner in Oct.

Sylvester (bartender) on Majesty

Diana (bar server) on Navigator

Junior (bartender) going to Sovereign

Edmund (bartender) going to Mariner

Christine (bar server) is pregnant and went home last month

We loved Hassine and Sally from the Voyager. Sally was so sweet and always remembered our names and special drinks. She knew I loved bread and kept coming over with more. Hassine always came over to our table if he saw us at breakfast or lunch and made sure we had everything we needed. I thought all the head waiters deserve a special thanks on this ship. They really worked hard to make sure we didn't lack anything.

Also I wanted to mention Bobby Chen from the Zenith. He served drinks and always had something special to say. He was everywhere and would always hurry over to us. He was leaving to get married when we sailed in June but gave us his phone number so we could call him when we went to Jamaica latter in the summer.

George from the Philippines on Rhapsody was the best. I can't remember his wife's name but she worked the Purser's Desk. She is also a sweetie. If George heard us having a hard time deciding between two items on the menu, he' d bring one of each. Once I had trouble deciding between chicken or duck. I ended up ordering the duck, but George brought a half-sized order of the chicken so I could try it. He always had recommendations for the port stops.

The greatest assistant waiter anywhere was Zoltan from Romania on the Enchantment in 2003. Our waiter was very good too, Wallup (Wally to us) from the Phillipines but he was much more serious but very, very good at what he did. Zoltan was a great waiter and was definitely eye candy and loved to pose in all of our pictures. Wally had everything ready for us before we even knew we needed it and spoiled my DH immensely since my DH is a smoker and took breaks. He always had everything ready when he returned. Head waiter was Enriquo from France and he was smooth.

We'd like to find Zoltan again. I heard he may be on the Navigator or Seranade which we are sailing. Anyone know if there is a way we can as RCI where a certain waiter is?

We have had some great waiters. On Radiance, Mustapha from Turkey was fabulous and I have read great comments on him from other cruisers on this board. We had Kinga from Rumania in January on Mariner and she was great. Our servers were also good on that ship in June but can't remember their names.

Wanted to add a bartender also...Nhell -19th Hole, Mariner of the Seas- Great Guy..best personality around...great drinks also...just one of the best!!

Rony,head and Joha,asst-Rhaposody in Blue dining room-couldn't ask for any better team..

June '05, our first cruise--we didn't know what to really expect, despite having haunted these boards for months. Erminiou (just call me "Jack") from Rumania and his assistant, Roxanne, also from Rumania totally made our dining experience. Maya, the head waiter, was incredibly personable and omnipresent. Jack was concerned that my companion wasn't eating enough and threatened to feed her by hand if she didn't straighten up. I'd sign up again, just on the basis of their treatment of us.

Lea

Erminiou was our head waiter on the Mariner last week, all 5 feet of him! Our waiter Mark from the Phillipines was the best we have had!

Jim M

Mariano D'Silva from India was our waiter and Rauti Colney (sp?) also from India was the assistant. These people were a total delight, they got the kids going first, kept them occupied with adults enjoyed dinner.

One night we asked Rauti if she had more of that delicious banana bread? She said 'no, sorry, but tomorrow night I will have it for you.' The next night, she brought out 2 big platters of it for our table.

We don't really remember out waiter from NCL because we had different ones most of the time.