Your favorite waiter : name and ship

DFritz

Mariner of the Saes 1/29/06 West.

Waiter = Charlie/phillipines, awesome guy, funny, charming, attentive and did his job VERY WELL!!!

Assis. waiter = Lenard/Trinadad, my kids and us loved him, the girls made him blush, they liked his accent, he had the boys rolling in laughter, and he was always right behind you with water-rolls-or another plate!!! Amazing, friendly and had tons of island tips!!

Head = Rojie/????? he came to our table EVERY nightand talked to us for at least 15 min, many times longer!! He cut the girls' food for them EVERY night, and though it was only small talk he always had interesting things to listen to!!

All 3 of them were awesome!!! I couldn't have hand picked better staff!!! I know that Lenard has moved to Freedom, but I believe Charlie and Rojie are still on the Mariner!!!

Again OP thanks for the uplifting thread!!!

Best assistant waiter was a younger girl from Turkey. Sorry I can't remember her name but I did on the comment card we filled out. This was on the Mariner Oct 05. She was so full of life and upbeat. She was hoping to get the freedom after her vacation.

Best all time bartender is Mladin (Sp?) big guy from Bulgaria - he was on the serenade 04/06. Most people called him "big M". Made an outstanding French martini.....

We've had a few that stood out:

Slobadon from Croatia on the Rhapsody was a great waiter.

Jason from Trinadad was a great bar man on Rhapsody.

Paul from Jamaica at the Rhapsody pool bar makes the best rum punch in the Caribbean...if you don't believe it just ask him!

But the best service we ever had was from Patricia from Columbia who was our room steward on Splendor last February. The first time we walked down the hallway to our room she was standing in the hall 3 doors from our door and welcomed us on board by name! How she knew our names I have no idea....she must have somehow got our pictures from when we first got on the ship. She was amazing all weekend.

On the Serenade: Ashley (male, very sweet) - India, Errol - Honduras (great with magic and napkin folding...he used 10 napkins and folded a complete person for us), Albert (made me a tea list just like a wine list)- Hungry, Burhan - Turkey, Rohman - Indonesia and head waiters Urdely - India, Richard - India, Vejay - India, Francesco - Portugal .... and many more :) All from 4 cruises 2004-2005

On the Voyager: Mehi - Transylvania, Riza - Turkey (was on Serenade) 2003

The Adventurer: Loli - Philippines, Michelle - South Africa 2002

This reminds me a of assistant waiter named Rui from Portugal on Legend during her first year in 94. He build be a huge balancing statue of glasses and forks on top of a tootpick sticking out of the salt shaker... still remember it after all these years.

We had Donald from Jamaica too... I remember the "Very Nice". We had him on the Voyager and he was happy that he was doing an itinerary that had him seeing his family every other week. His assistant waiter that trip was Charlton, who was very sweet and quiet, with a great smile.

Our first cruise on the Explorer we had Angel from the Phillipines and I am drawing a blank on the assitsants name. Our most recent RCI cruise was the Radiance in 04 and we had Dandeep and Sharlene who were great sports. We had a friend traveling with us who is a practical joker and they took it all in stride.

I guess, in reality, they have all been wonderful.

Tammy

Absolutely the best table wait staff we've had on any ship, any line, any time was on the Brilliance of the Seas last April. Our table of 6 had all sailed this ship before and this was something of a reunion cruise. We had Carlos from Chile as our waiter, Russell from the UK as ass't. waiter, Jose from Cost Rica as our bar service attendant. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of our head waiter who was so attentive he came to see that we were being well taken care of when we dined in Chops one evening. Any ship would be proud and lucky to have them as they went above and beyond the call night after night.

LNF

Mustafa(?) from the Sovereign........think he went to the MA.

Also Richard from the EX last month...who hoped to go to the Voyager.........

Ajay was the best head waiter ever(from the Enchantment)..........

We had the best wait staff EVER on Explorer a couple of weeks ago--Jaffar from Tunisia and Marlon from the Philippines. If you ever run into Marlon, ask him to do his Ricky Martin impression. He's a hoot. The service was excellent, they doted on our granddaughter, and truly conveyed that they DO find pleasure in providing service to others. Two fabulous guys.

All the staff on my first cruise (Radiance, 5/21/06), went out of their way to make the trip memorable, but especially our Dining Room waiter, Denis ("the Menace") from Croatia, who lost a table (no fault of his), and therefore a substantial part of his tips. He still stayed positive and professional. In Portofino's, a young lady from Turkey, whose name I couldn't pronounce and therefore can't spell, was very good. Steward Ronnie, from the Phillipines, was outstanding. Everyone, including Captain Rune Lokling, always smiled and greeted you as you passed by. Frankly, I can't imagine how I could work as hard as they do and still smile!

On the Mariner last year, Richard (India) and Wayne (Jamaica) were great. Wayne always called DD "sunshine", which she loved. I wonder if they are still on the Mariner? I know DD would love to see them again, and so would I!

Miller from Jamacia, Navigator of the Seas and his Assistant Florin. They had been working together for over a year and it showed. Florin will be a waiter for sure. Also who can forget the "Good Morning Guy" from Windjammer. I can't remember his name but everyone knows him.

Back in '05 on the Granduer we had Tony from Jamaica as the headwaiter and Oscar from India as our main waiter. Oscar was always great and when he came out with the baked alaska on his head he was having a blast. Tony was always friendly and his wife worked on the ship so they got to see eachother all the time. Donny was our Asst. waiter and that man knew his bread

Here are some pictures.

Donny

img60223pw.jpg

Oscar

img60244vz.jpg

Tony

img60233ho.jpg

Janine from the Phillipines, Oct. 05, Adventure of the Seas. We liked her so much we requested her the next week of our b2b. Her and her husband (a maitre d') were transferring to the Freedom of the Seas after their vacation in January.

Ours would be:

Waiter - Raj from India

Head waiter - Niraj from India

Drink waiter - Patsy from Jamaica

All on our recent sailing on Enchanment. They were great and the kids loved every one of them.....