When do I get my Platinum benefits?

HAULNTA

When do I get my Platinum benefits? On the cruise that gets me to 75 days, or the cruise after I have 75 days?

I called carnival with a question about one of my bookings and also asked this question and they said, "the cruise after I have 75 days":confused::mad:

I'm sick of paying for Faster to the fun:(

Edited by HAULNTA

When do I get my Platinum benefits? On the cruise that gets me to 75 days, or the cruise after I have 75 days?

I called carnival with a question about one of my bookings and also asked this question and they said, "the cruise after I have 75 days":confused::mad:

You should see your status on your documents and it should say Platinum if you will reach it during the cruise. Our son was red and his docs said gold which we thought was a mistake but it was because he was turning gold during the cruise. Enjoy your Platinum perks!

You should see your status on your documents and it should say Platinum if you will reach it during the cruise. Our son was red and his docs said gold which we thought was a mistake but it was because he was turning gold during the cruise. Enjoy your Platinum perks!

I cant view the boarding pass until the final payment is made.

Edited by HAULNTA

No worries. You will enjoy platinum benefits on the cruise where you cross the 75 day threshold. The Carnival rep that told you that you would have to wait until the cruise after that is wrong.

Enjoy your platinum benefits!

Check your booking summary under documents. Guest information should have your status as well as your luggage tags. That is where I first saw mine. :p

Booking summary says Gold

I think this is messed up because I booked this cruise before I booked a cruse that will sail before it.:confused:

The CCL system can get kind of jumbled--I had this problem last year when I booked a b2b (using the old Platinum system). Leg 1 was cruise #9 and Leg 2 was the Platinum cruise.

I booked directly with Carnival, so I gave them a call explained the situation, and the person I spoke to was able to make notes and get a supervisor who was able to change the docs for the Platinum cruise to reflect Priority and Platinum. I don't know how close together your sailings are, but you may need to make a phone call.

If you hit 75 during your cruise you'll get perks for that sailing.

May I also ask what cabin is that on your post and what ship. Thanks

I did a b2b and on the 2nd leg it made me platinum. I was surprised that I received all the benefits on the first leg too. I was able to vip embarkation which was a super fantastic surprise and I received 1 gift each cruise. (2)

So yes, you will become Platinum at the start of the cruise...that you hit 75 days on.

Edited by Almost Packed

I will be on the Sunshine have cabin# 7300 on deck 7. My wife gets sick when riding backwards. Does anyone know what direction the bed face in that cabin?

is this a serious question? if it is, just know that she won't be able to tell as far as movement which way she is riding. Sometimes the ship might rock back and forth a little, or sometimes front to back... but you can never tell what direction the ship is going when you are in the cabin.

May I also ask what cabin is that on your post and what ship. Thanks

Valor 9201 6K Scenic Grand Ocean View on Lido Deck Forward on some ships

Great value if Balcony rooms are expensive on that cruise.:cool:

Edited by HAULNTA

Thanks for the info!! I'll hit gold on my cruise coming up & thought if have to wait until the next one for the perks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

"I will be on the Sunshine have cabin# 7300 on deck 7. My wife gets sick when riding backwards. Does anyone know what direction the bed face in that cabin?"

The position of the cabin's bed will have no effect on motion sickness. Facing "backwards" may make her sick while riding in a car because the brain has to process the visual passing of the countryside. It is unusual to have rough weather on a cruise ship (We've had about 60 cruises) but if you're up and about during rough seas it helps to go forward and keep your eyes on the horizon. OTC medications containing meclizine can prevent motion sickness if taken BEFORE entering rough seas.

Edited by Old Sea Legs
Ass quote

"I will be on the Sunshine have cabin# 7300 on deck 7. My wife gets sick when riding backwards. Does anyone know what direction the bed face in that cabin?"

The position of the cabin's bed will have no effect on motion sickness. Facing "backwards" may make her sick while riding in a car because the brain has to process the visual passing of the countryside. It is unusual to have rough weather on a cruise ship (We've had about 60 cruises) but if you're up and about during rough seas it helps to go forward and keep your eyes on the horizon. OTC medications containing meclizine can prevent motion sickness if taken BEFORE entering rough seas.

If she thinks she will feel sick from riding backward, then she will feel sick riding backward.