Carnival Spirit - Large Group Dining options

mattson

Hi Fellow cruisers,

I'm wondering if someone can steer me in the right direction, i.e. a self-help option, because I haven't been able to source the information online and my emails and calls to carnival have gone unanswered...

Friends, family, my own family & I are all travelling on a carnival spirit cruise out of Sydney next March and we were looking to secure a dining table for probably 11-13 people during the first seating from 5:30 onwards.

I've thought about going back to my travel agent, but all of us have booked through our own methods, so I'm not sure how much my T/A can help with everyone elses bookings... we've also found since visiting the 'already booked' section of the carnival.com.au page that we've all been given slightly different dining options, with 2 getting anytime options, one group in the late session and us in the first seating.

Any help would be appreciated?

Kind Regards,

Matt

Edited by mattson

As long as you all have your booking numbers connected, you will be able to dine together. You will probably all have to call Carnival to give permission to connect your bookings. You will then all have the same dining time, and be seated together, although you may be split between two tables. We had a group of 15 that were broken up over two tables right next to each other. We all switched seats/tables (within our two tables) nightly. No problems.

If you have an agent carnival will not talk with you.

It sounds like everyone booked a different dining time.

Each book in number needs to be shared by all agent

All those booking numbers should be linked to your booking.

Taking a tradional dining will have a better chance if being together

You will not be at the same table. Mist tables in this class holds 8 people. Your best set up is two tables for 6 and rotate each evening

The easiest way to do this is to agree on a fixed dining time and have each of your friends go online into their bookings on the Already Booked section and change to the same time.

Then get their booking numbers from them and your T/A can easily link them together via the goccl T/A website or by calling Carnival AU.

Edited by AdGuyMG

Thanks all, I've had my T/A create a TWID and link our 4 separate bookings to it, I haven't checked if that's brought everyone's dining options to the same as mine (early) but I'll ask the others to check their 'Already booked' page and see ...

:)

Thanks all, I've had my T/A create a TWID and link our 4 separate bookings to it, I haven't checked if that's brought everyone's dining options to the same as mine (early) but I'll ask the others to check their 'Already booked' page and see ... :)

The TW (Travel With) linking does not change anyone's dining time. That must be done separately to each individual reservation.

Thanks again, I'm having the heads of the individual groups taking care of this now.

I'm guessing once that's done, it's up to the Carnival Spirit people to arrange tables etc for the group?

Anyone have any ideas for the biggest group table in the Spirit dining room, I've read the Spirit class can accommodate groups up to 12 people at a single table in the dining room... though I wouldn't imagine they'd have the need for a lot of these types of tables?

Can anyone on here speak up if they've had a big group on a spirit class ship and got everyone on the same table??

I'd like to know the possibilities so I can manage everyone's expectations...

thanks again :)

• 2 weeks later...
Could talk to the whole group? Then why switch to 2 tables?

Darn...... :(

Should have been couldn't talk to everyone.

We had to talk loudly to be heard across the table.

Edited by SadieN

Thanks guys,

We've been told it's possible due to 4 of our number being kiddies that we'll try and squeeze the 11 of us on a large round table.

As for not being heard, we've got a few loud ones in our group, I don't think that'll be a problem :)

Thanks for all the feedback none the less.

The main floor table just past the stairs can seat 12, we were there on the repo cruise from Hawaii. The only problem with a group that large is waiting to bring out all the entrees at the same time. Most night we were the last to leave. I'd ask for two tables and that way you can switch around to talk to others when you like. Dennis