Need Help and Advise....

sirdavid

I am about to book solo on the Escape Westbound inaugural, Oct 29, 2015...

I am an experienced cruiser but have not traveled solo. I am a very young 78!!!

I cannot decide whether to book a studio or an ocean view... The ocean view is only about $50 more single than the studio.... I am afraid I may miss the gatherings in the studio lounge!!! Any advise is welcome.

Regards

David

I am about to book solo on the Escape Westbound inaugural, Oct 29, 2015...

I am an experienced cruiser but have not traveled solo. I am a very young 78!!!

I cannot decide whether to book a studio or an ocean view... The ocean view is only about $50 more single than the studio.... I am afraid I may miss the gatherings in the studio lounge!!! Any advise is welcome.

Regards

David

As far as I know all solo cruisers are invited to the "Solo Gatherings" in the Studio Lounge before dinner each day. You do not have to be in a studio to attend. I personally would at least get the OV. We are booked on the Escape TA and the cruise from Hamburg to Southampton also! See you at the Meet and Greet. :)

Edited by peg013

I am booked in one of the Studios for The Escape. More than enough space in the cabin. I had a balcony for The Getaway and choose a Studio this time. Any solo passenger can go to the Solo Gatherings. The Cruise Director's staff will plan lots and lots of activities. There will be plenty of things to do to keep you busy from about 9:30 A.M. until 2 A.M. or so.

Mandy

I've traveled in the Studios on the Epic before & they are great, but if you do decide to choose a different room, you can go to guest services once you are on board and ask them to code you card with the Studio lounge as well so that you can get in to meet other solo travelers. They may not want to do it for you, but they should be able to. I had them do this for me when I did the TA on the Epic from Europe to Miami and I was in a Balcony, they didn't jump at the opportunity to do it for me, but did in the end. (I just smiled & asked politely saying that I was traveling solo and wanted to meet others)

And if you don't decide to do that, as other people have mentioned, they will open the studio lounge door for the evening meet-up.

Have a wonderful time on your cruise!! :)

I've been looking at the studios and they look great--I don't have any concerns about how small they are or the lack of a window. They look like they're very well designed. My biggest concern is the size of the ship. I'm used to Carnival's Spirit-class ships that have a little over 2,000 passengers on them. I'll be sailing on the NCL Jade in October and it looks like she's about the same size. For those of you who've sailed the Epic or other mega ship, what was your experience? Did it feel really crowded after your experience on a smaller ship? I do realize the ship itself is larger to accommodate more passengers. I'm especially interested in how sailing on a larger ship impacts the port experience--getting on and off the ship and if the port city feels especially crowded from so many people arriving at the same time?

TIA.

:D