Mr. Cahill, Tampa wants a Spirit class ship!

crusinpsychRN

The Spirit and the Legend are Down Under. Sydney seems to be a more profitable home port than Tampa (must be selling lots and lots of Fosters).

Another bridge issue in Sydney.

spirit-australia.jpg

Not that there is anything wrong with Tampa, but the land down under is way way more profitable. There is a chance to have even or ships go that way (Southeast Asia).

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Not that there is anything wrong with Tampa, but the land down under is way way more profitable. There is a chance to have even or ships go that way (Southeast Asia).

Carnival Australia is already exploring Asia.

Edit: Via Carnival Australia Booking Engine -> carnival.com.au

3f14ea6d07957f51b67be6b647cb786b.png

Edited by Disconnections

The Spirit and the Legend are Down Under. Sydney seems to be a more profitable home port than Tampa (must be selling lots and lots of Fosters).

Another bridge issue in Sydney.

spirit-australia.jpg

Sydney does not have a bridge issue. Cruise ships do not have to go past that bridge to get in or out of the port.

Carnival Australia is already exploring Asia.

Edit: Via Carnival Australia Booking Engine -> carnival.com.au

3f14ea6d07957f51b67be6b647cb786b.png

True enough lets hope the Vista does not end up there.

Ships in every port come and go and certainly Port Tampa Bay is no exception...except...when Carnival Legend set sail this past Sunday on her 36 day transit to Australia this left Tampa just one ship - the Carnival Paradise. That's right just one Carnival ship, no NCL, RC, or Holland ships - just one lonely ship. The bigger issue for Port Tampa Bay is not just the lack of ships but the lack of shore side jobs.

Now come November the Port will have a total of 5 ships sailing throughout the winter season, we will be losing those ships by spring leaving just that one little ship behind - the Carnival Paradise.

Now I suspect that Carnival will correct this shortsighted issue by redeploying another "updated" Fantasy class ship to fill in the gap however this version of a "ship shell game" will never be able to satisfy the number of guests and shore side employees who both depend on them so much.

The solution...a new/bigger bridge, new port location, returning ALL of the remaining Spirit class ships from the west coast and Australia, or close Port Tampa Bay to cruise ships?

Only time will tell and I suspect that the "final answer" is some 5 years away but until then....I AGREE - Mr. Cahill Tampa NEEDS another Spirit or Fantasy class ship!!!!!!

Realizing that neither a new bridge or new port location really isn't within the foreseeable future I suspect that perhaps an upgraded/updated Fantasy class ship that has the "add on" balconies such as Ecstasy or Sensation just might be able to do 6-7 day cruises and thus attract guests who may not have an issue with an albeit smaller ship but have more balcony options...what say you all?

Realizing that neither a new bridge or new port location really isn't within the foreseeable future I suspect that perhaps an upgraded/updated Fantasy class ship that has the "add on" balconies such as Ecstasy or Sensation just might be able to do 6-7 day cruises and thus attract guests who may not have an issue with an albeit smaller ship but have more balcony options...what say you all?

I had thought that was a given way back when they announced the Legend leaving. It is head scratching as to why they have not already put one there and tried 7 day cruises. The only reason I can think of is that they want to send a message to Tampa by not putting one there.

I've been thinking a Fantasy class ship in Tampa with longer itineraries that go to ports the bigger ships can't make would be successful. Something port intensive so the ship amenities aren't that important.

I live in Tampa... nothing like a 20 minute drive to the cruise port from your front door. :-)

I've been thinking a Fantasy class ship in Tampa with longer itineraries that go to ports the bigger ships can't make would be successful. Something port intensive so the ship amenities aren't that important.

I live in Tampa... nothing like a 20 minute drive to the cruise port from your front door. :-)

I agree although I do not believe we will see any such change for another year as Port Tampa Bay ramps up its sailing season with several ships come November through May (2015) that will leave Paradise as the Lone Ranger once again.

Edited by Captain Carnival