Truimph Room

volfan4ever

Anyone ever booked one of the inside cabins with the walkway view on the very front of the Triumph ? Does the room have a door that opens to the outside? Can't find any description about these rooms

Assuming you're referring to the forward 4J cabins, no door directly to the forward deck, however a door should be at either end of the interior hall, to the port and starboard sides of the ship, that leads out to the forward deck.

Assuming you're referring to the forward 4J cabins, no door directly to the forward deck, however a door should be at either end of the interior hall, to the port and starboard sides of the ship, that leads out to the forward deck.

Exactly right on your description. That front deck was almost unbearably windy. Also, with people walking around outside , it felt like you were in a fish bowl !

Exactly right on your description. That front deck was almost unbearably windy. Also, with people walking around outside , it felt like you were in a fish bowl !

LOL!!..Yep, I suppose you can get that from one of those 4J's.

Conversely though, we've stayed in several 4J's on multiple ships...our cabin preference meter for us points more towards the love em end of the scale rather than just liking them. We did 2 TA cruises in 4J's, going in figuring we'd see conditions windy enough multiple times to have the forward decks closed off, especially while crossing the Atlantic..oddly, with 31 sailing days combined on both cruises, the wind forced the closing of the forward decks maybe 4 times total.....we were beyond pleased....though you can get that fish bowl effect....which is less a concern to us....the forward view on a quiet day at see with the sun shining almost can't be beat.....but of course, all of our mileages vary....

We have stayed in this cabin on the Triumph deck six. It was a nice room but the window was not a benefit to us. As others have stated, if you open the curtains during the day people constantly walk by and look in. The funny thing is that most of them stand and stare rather than just giving a casual glance. During the night you also have to keep the curtains closed because Carnival claims it interferes with the bridge.

Would I stay I this cabin again? For the price...yes, but if you want to enjoy the view I would suggest an oceanview or balcony.

Edited by tman77064

We've booked one for the long cruises in 2016, B2B for 21 days. I hope we like it, as we'll be stuck with it. Ours is on the Empress deck 7202 or 7203, I think. I love to know how the room is set up, sofa? is it a handicap accessible room? Anyone know?

Sewut,

I think you will enjoy it. If I recall ours had a sofa but wasn't on the ends of the short hallway and not handicap accessible. It was just like all other window cabin except the windows looked out onto the walkway that wrapped around the bow area. For the price of an inside you can't beat it.

By the way, your handle looks familiar and I see you sailed the Crown Princess in 2013. Was that the transatlantic in April? We were on that ship and I'm thinking that I ran into you on the roll call for that cruise.

We've stayed in the 4J's on deck 7 a few times. They do not come with a sofa, just a couple of chairs. The cabins on the outside adjacent to the doorway to the deck are the handicapped cabins, if they are needed by someone who needs the facilities they will take you out of them so book the cabins closer the the middle. (you also don't want these cabins unless necessary because of the door bangers you sometimes come across).

They have two curtains across the window, one net and one heavy drape. Normally during the daytime the net is enough to keep people from looking in but not enough at night when you will need the heavy drapes otherwise folks can look straight in. They do ask you to keep the heavy drapes closed at night, the cabin light will reflect right up on the bridge windows and this really messes with their night vision.

Still a great value, we booked one for the Galveston B2B via Puerto Rico next year, that's 21 days as well although I am beginning to wonder if I got too cheap, 5 days is a walk in the park but 21 days, I may need to rethink this.

I have been in 4j's on the Magic & Triumph......really like them.....in the day time, the window is like a mirror on the outside & you cannot see in unless you put your face right up to the window....at night you can see in very easily....was in a handicapped one on the Triumph but did not have to move. Will be in one...9202....for the b2b for 21 days in Feb.....have been in this same cabin for a 5 nt.....so am looking forward to this cabin & cruise.....

Sewut,

I think you will enjoy it. If I recall ours had a sofa but wasn't on the ends of the short hallway and not handicap accessible. It was just like all other window cabin except the windows looked out onto the walkway that wrapped around the bow area. For the price of an inside you can't beat it.

By the way, your handle looks familiar and I see you sailed the Crown Princess in 2013. Was that the transatlantic in April? We were on that ship and I'm thinking that I ran into you on the roll call for that cruise.

No, I sailed the Crown in January. Thanks for the info.

We have stayed in 6202 5 times over the last 3 years. So I guess you could say we like the 4js. What I really like is the price. I just need the window for the light(sunshine). You cannot see in the cabins from the outside deck. My husband tried. He even put his face to the window. He said he could see shadows but nothing was defined. We like the big deck outside. It is windy at times but it did not bother us. Somedays it feels like your own private deck. We had our bed, a chair, a side table, a night stand and the stool that pushes up under the desk/make-up thingy. That is all the furniture we had in the room. Hope this helps. Have fun!

I had 7205 on Victory. Very odd layout (was with DD so didn't need the beds together). The problem was the "not-so-secret" door was pretty much just on the other side of the wall from my headboard. People were going in and out at all hours and allowing the door to slam (very, very hard and very, very loud).

There are two doors. All people have to do is close the 1st before opening the 2nd to prevent the wind-tunnel effect. Or simply hold the door until it closes. Sheesh. Apparently everyone was raised in barns. Simply no consideration - at all - for others. :mad:

I'd consider one of the center cabins, maybe. Yes, it was nice to go out there when arriving in port in the morning. It's extremely windy out there while sailing, though. And there is definitely more motion felt the higher and more forward the cabin. I got mine during a PG upgrade sale so only paid the same price as for a 4A. I wouldn't pay extra for one, personally.