Thanksgiving Day Lunch & Dinner on Jewel

Sandyt05

Which restaurants would you eat at on the Jewel if you were going to be on it Thanksgiving Day? Would you chose a specialty restaurant for Thanksgiving dinner and if so which one? Thank you all for helping me plan my cruise!

I was on the Sun last year over the Thanksgiving holiday and I was really looking forward to experiencing my first American Thanksgiving. We ate in the main dining room and they did have turkey with all the fixings on the menu. There was a chocolate dessert table set up in the dining room as a special treat for the evening. In addition there were some decorations throughout the ship. That was it though and overall I was left somewhat disappointed. As this seems to be such a huge holiday for Americans, I was just expecting more. I did not miss out on Thanksgiving entirely. Being Canadian we had celebrated in October. ;)

Perhaps you could add in some elements yourself to make it more of a celebration. In any event I am sure you will have a wonderful cruise.

Rochelle

We were on the Pearl for Thanksgiving 2011. We had our meal in the main dining room. We found it very nice. Not as many meal choices as it was centered around the holiday meal (I don't eat turkey). My husband enjoyed it a lot.

This year we will be on the Jewel for Thanksgiving. I had been planning to do the same thing, main dining room for the traditional meal. A previous responder(Sauer-Kraut) mentioned Le Bistro, I had not thought about asking if any of the specialty places offer a special meal for the night - but I will this time around. :)