pier 91 porters

texdan

I had read where someone posted that on arrival at Seattle pier 91 that there were no porters. They carried their luggage inside the terminal. Is this the normal procedure?

They are few and far between.

The 6 times we have sailed from pier 91 we have carried our luggage in ourselves each time.

We've done a few cruises out of Pier 91, and we've always had porters take our luggage before entering the terminal. They just take it and throw it on the cart... we usually get there around 130-200pm

That has been our experience as well.

Actually on the last sailing we arrived around 1015 or so and a porter stopped by as our car was unloading and waited for our bags. I think he was helping disembarking passengers with their luggage and then headed back to the terminal as there were many passengers loading into taxis at the time.

Mike:)

This may sound like a stupid question :eek:, but if you wheel in your luggage into the terminal yourself where do you put it? On all of my cruises there have always been porters to take our luggage and they put it onto a cart.

Thanks,

We had porters take our bags on our first 4 cruises from Pier 91 (2009 - 2012) but starting last summer, no porters to be found. Last year we got there right when a couple of transfer buses arrived, so maybe they were all busy. This year we got there pretty early (10:45?) and also saw no porters available.

We were planning to bring a case on bottled water on board, in addition to our luggage. Is there a way to find out in advance if there will be porters to assist us at the taxi/town car stand where we are dropped off? Not sure we can manage both luggage and a heavy case of water.

This may sound like a stupid question :eek:, but if you wheel in your luggage into the terminal yourself where do you put it? On all of my cruises there have always been porters to take our luggage and they put it onto a cart.

Thanks,

I also had to wheel my luggage inside. We met a Princess Rep who directed us to a luggage scanner and a porter picked up the luggage and placed on the scanner. We then were told to walk towards the escalator and on to the boarding area.

As you enter the terminal on the Princess side, there's a rather simple "fork in the road": go up the escalators if you've dropped off your bags, or walk "in" the downstairs maybe 40' if you have bags to drop off. You'll drop them off right at the security scanner, then make a u-turn and walk 40' back to the escalator to proceed upstairs.

When we got out of our taxi, we stood by our luggage for approx. 1 minute until greeted by a porter. He loaded the luggage on to a cart and we went on our way into the building. One of the fastest and friendliest experiences to date. No problems at all. This was last week.