Jade Drinks Gratuities

Cruising Golfer

Every beverage you purchase has the 15% gratuity added. You might be confused with drinks purchased via a drink package. When you have the package, the 15% is added when you buy the package, so when you get a drink using the drink package, they don't add on another 15%.

You sit down at the table to listen to music, they ask what you'd like to drink. You place your order, they bring the drink and ask for your cabin card. They bring the card back with a paper slip for you to sign, there you will see the price of the drink, 15% added (or is it 18% now?) and the total. There will also be another line "gratuity" that is OK to ignore. Just like in any restaurant, you get one copy, they get the copy with your signature. Enjoy the drink and try not to think how much it was :D

Editing: and the charge will be on your statement that will be delivered on the last morning of the cruise.

Edited by Dayenu

That reviewer must have been 'confused' - unless they were referring to the menu prices (which do not show the 15% included).

I have several (reads lots) of receipts from the Jade for Becks and Gin and Tonics, all of which have $5.25 base price - final price $6.04 - a figure ingrained on my psyche now!

I have read on the Cruise Critics review of the Jade that the 15% gratuities are not added to the drink prices... Can someone tell me if it's added later or how it really works... Thanks.

Gratuities are not automatically added to bar tabs; you can add a tip to your onboard account, or leave a buck or two in cash.

This is what it said in the Cruise Critic Review of the Jade...

Wonder why I questioned it? It was not a personal review from a member.:cool:

Gratuities are not automatically added to bar tabs; you can add a tip to your onboard account, or leave a buck or two in cash.

This is what it said in the Cruise Critic Review of the Jade...

Wonder why I questioned it? It was not a personal review from a member.:cool:

Any Host out there with an answer??? Come on back!!!:cool: