The "big box" in the cabins on the Paradise?

GeorgiaMomof4

OK - we decided to try out the Paradise but in looking at some pictures in reviews I've read there is this big box looking thing in the corner of the cabin. Someone has said that it is for life jackets.

My question is this - if you have your twin beds put together to make a king, how in the world does the person who sleeps closest to the window (in an OV cabin) get over to their side of the bed? I certainly hope I don't have to crawl over my husband to go the bathroom at 4 in the a.m.

Do they arrange the bed so you can get to the other side?

Was on the Paradise last year. Not sure what was in it but yep only way in or out of the bed is to crawl over him! On a side note LOVED LOVED LOVED the Paradise and her crew!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Was on the Paradise last year. Not sure what was in it but yep only way in or out of the bed is to crawl over him! On a side note LOVED LOVED LOVED the Paradise and her crew!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's what I'm counting on and have been told! I'm gonna try not to let the "box" worry me - but I'm not happy about crawling over it in the middle of the night!

My husband wanted to know if that would be enough for me to cancel the cruise - LOL - I thought he knew me better than that! No way I'm cancelling! 5 days away from work, ball practices, car pools, homework and all the other stresses of life - I can put up with a box or even 2!

The good news is that box will be removed (along with that big plastic corner light fixture) when Paradise eventually gets the cabin renovations that the other Fantasy Class ships have gotten.

Yes, but unfortunately I believe that is RIGHT AFTER we sail. Oh well, we will make do!

My husband slept on the side of the bed that necessitated climbing over "the box". He stubbed his toe on it a number of times enroute to the bathroom in the middle of the night....so beware! Honestly, I'm not sure what the designers were thinking of when they decided that boxes were a good idea!

My husband slept on the side of the bed that necessitated climbing over "the box". He stubbed his toe on it a number of times enroute to the bathroom in the middle of the night....so beware! Honestly, I'm not sure what the designers were thinking of when they decided that boxes were a good idea!

I'm just gonna crawl over and avoid it altogether. I definitely don't want to stub my toe.

Maybe I'll just change sides with my husband!

OK - we decided to try out the Paradise but in looking at some pictures in reviews I've read there is this big box looking thing in the corner of the cabin. Someone has said that it is for life jackets.

My question is this - if you have your twin beds put together to make a king, how in the world does the person who sleeps closest to the window (in an OV cabin) get over to their side of the bed? I certainly hope I don't have to crawl over my husband to go the bathroom at 4 in the a.m.

Do they arrange the bed so you can get to the other side?

Just off the Elation and same room set up have to crawl over bed.

Just have the person with the longest legs sleep on the inside. We have been on the Paradise many times, and I stepped over the box to get to my side of the bed. Not really all that difficult to do.

It'll be fine.

Bob

We were on the Paradise earlier this year and had the box with the life jackets. We went to Guest Relations and asked if anything could be done about it. I wasn't expecting much but maintenance came right away and took it out. We were told they were all coming out during dry dock anyway. We're Diamond but I don't think that had anything to do with it. Just ask nicely and see if they'll work with you.

The good news is that box will be removed (along with that big plastic corner light fixture) when Paradise eventually gets the cabin renovations that the other Fantasy Class ships have gotten.

When is that going to happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

LOL! My husband slept on the "crawling" side as well, he must have bumped his head three times on the pull down bunk mounted on the adjacent wall!

We thought the exact same thing, "I don't know what the heck the designers were thinking, with that big box and huge plastic light fixture?"

Not sure if there is any purpose to the box, we never thought to try to look in it!

LOL! My husband slept on the "crawling" side as well, he must have bumped his head three times on the pull down bunk mounted on the adjacent wall!

We thought the exact same thing, "I don't know what the heck the designers were thinking, with that big box and huge plastic light fixture?"

Not sure if there is any purpose to the box, we never thought to try to look in it!

Life jackets are stored there. When they redid her sisters in the class. They redesigned the wardrobes to store the life jackets.