Boarding Time on Spirit

wjf

Having not sailed on the little sisters for a couple of years we have become used to boarding the big sisters at about 1.00pm in time for lunch.

We will be sailing on the Spirit from Venice on 18th September and just wondered what time they start boarding.

We do realise that lunch is not served on the smaller ships, only snacks in the theatre but we are always keen to get on board.

Also does anyone know who the Captain and CD will be?

It is worth arriving at noon; more often than not boarding will start then, and almost certainly by 12.30. The 'snacks' in the salon have been improved in the last year or so, now more choice and some things made fresh on the spot.

I know some people dislike sitting in the salon waiting; it does not bother us at all, as there is usually room for everybody to sit comfortably, and you more often than not start chatting to other passengers over the champagne, wine or - in our case - a gin and tonic or two.

Those Venice to Venice cruises look lovely - really nice ports on both itineraries. The sail into and out of Kotor is lovely, and Rovinj is a nice small port.

Daneite

So happy to read your posting! You made my day ~

Remember when Cici and Dr. would request to board the Sisters at 10 am? Health issues.

Surely wish I could book a Spirit or Legend sailing and see you. We need to catch up on Seabourn news/happenings.

I do miss Jane P's postings. Bless her heart ~ she fought so hard but lost her battle.

Hope to see you soon on a "Baby Girl" ~as Captain Stig would say!:p

MB

Need clarification please.

This will be our first Seabourn cruise.

We've cruised several times with Silversea and on embarkation day have always enjoyed a buffet lunch al fresco at the La Terrazza restaurant.

Do I understand correctly that Seabourn does not do this?

If you are sailing on one of SB's big ships you will be invited to have a full lunch at the Colonnade. If you are on a little ship you will be ushered into the show lounge where champagne and other beverages are served along with an assortment of sandwiches and cookies.