cabin options for parents + teen son

Sorry if this has been asked before but what the best cabin options for parents travelling with a 16 year old. Hubby does not want us all to share a single room. I would assume a 16 year is not permitted to be in his own cabin. Are connecting cabins an option? Should we look at suites with separate bedrooms? If so, what would be the best suite option? Would prefer a mid-ship location.

Looking to cruise to NZ or Sth Pacific. Preference would be Royal Carribbean or possibly Celebrity.

I thought I had seen it said that a cabin next door or across the hall could be booked for children? Also you can book a cabin each in the adult names and the 16 year old with one of you, and then sleep where it suits. Suites are so expensive, and it would be more likely that a balcony cabin would not interest a 16 year old that will be hanging with others more than being in the cabin.

Others will have better ideas, I am not one with kids so I am only going on what I have read. I think a bit of personal space goes a long way. :)

You can get a family suite as cheaper suite option

Or connecting cabins would be best go

Some lines don't mind the 16 year old in cabin alone if you guys are next door

Others you would have to register one of you with Jim then get another key so you both are in a cabin together

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can get a family suite as cheaper suite option

Or connecting cabins would be best go

Some lines don't mind the 16 year old in cabin alone if you guys are next door

Others you would have to register one of you with Jim then get another key so you both are in a cabin together

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Family Suites are usually one of the more expensive suites. (Usually a bit more than an Owners - but are such a fantastic suite.) If you can afford it they are wonderful.

Connecting balconies are great. But balcony and inside opposite is also a great set up.

Raina

As above, suites and connecting cabins are options.

Although 'connecting' they don't actually have to be beside each other, so people wanting that arrangement sometimes buy an oceanview or balcony, paired with an inside.

Sorry if this has been asked before but what the best cabin options for parents travelling with a 16 year old. Hubby does not want us all to share a single room. I would assume a 16 year is not permitted to be in his own cabin. Are connecting cabins an option? Should we look at suites with separate bedrooms? If so, what would be the best suite option? Would prefer a mid-ship location.

Looking to cruise to NZ or Sth Pacific. Preference would be Royal Carribbean or possibly Celebrity.

If you don't mind going cheap and cheerful - inside - bargain basement price - book two cabins - side by side - guys booked in one - gal booked in the other - then do the swap. Only my suggestion of course - I feel that under the circumstances - that's what I would do. The cruise is more important than the sleeping arrangements. IMHO

I love it because we are all different :p :D

Edited by dizzy1948

For a single cabin you will be paying the same or very close to what you are paying for the double room. Is your son responsible enough to take a mate along with you. Would be company for him as long as it doesn't mean worries for you by taking his mate. I still remember how much fun it was when I was allowed to take a friend along with me on holidays.