Still confused Reflection S1 or S2

CapeCodCruiser

First time on Celebrity.

I have searched the threads here and read that the S1 suites & verandas are noticeably larger than the S2 - but on the Celebrity site it shows them having the same sq footage.

Is that just a generic description and not ship specific?

I am looking at either a deck 7 corner aft or deck 12 forward #2112 - not a spa person so that is not a factor for me.

Please tell me what you know!

S1 corner aft cabins are larger and configured differently bc on the corner/aft. This cabin has a larger balcony and a giant porthole window in addition to the double slider door. The cabin has one less closet than the standard S1 and S2 due to its configuration. Most do not mind one less closet due to ample drawers and shelves.

I have stayed in both S1 and S2 and actually now prefer the S2 as the difference in price can be a big one. I can't justify the $600+ increase for two on a 7 night cruise just for an S1.

If you decide on an S2 on Reflection I highly recommend suite 1669 on the aft. It is a perfect cabin and even more perfect if Gordon is still butlering this section of the ship.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

I don't know of any advantage of the S1 suites forward on deck 12 on Reflection other than they are below the solarium and are probably quieter than the S2's under the buffet.

I've stayed in 2132 AS which was right next to an S1. I don't think there is any difference other than the Aqua amenities. After April they will be eliminating AS category and this room with be a S1. I'd take a corner aft S1 or an aft S2 any day.