Anyone Done Mini Boats in St. Thomas?

GoldenZoo

I have been looking at the shore excursions thru the cruise line for St. Thomas trying to find a beach excursion where there are jetskis for rental but the closest thing I can find is the mini-boat excursion. Has anyone done these? We did the Rhino Riders in St. Maarten two years ago and I really enjoyed them - they are so much more stable than a jetski. I was just wondering if the mini-boats (which hold 2 passengers like the Rhino Riders) are similar. I stay off the jetskis - they're for the rest of my family - but I might consider the mini-boat depending on what its like. Thanks in advance for any info.

GoldenZoo

We did this last February, and loved it. It is kind of pricey, but fun. The boats are like large radial rafts, with large inflated tube type sides, with a motor, two seats, and a steering wheel. It is a little scary at first, if you've never steered a boat (and I'm adventurous), because it is so bouncy that both your hands need to be on the wheel, and yet you have to let go to slow down (a hand lever is the throttle). But once you get the hang of it, its a lot of fun. We rode around all the cruise ships (but you have to stay 50 yds or so away), and people were waving to us. We made two snorkel stops also, and the hardest part is getting back on the boat directly from the water, but they will help you too. It is only about 2 1/2 or 3 hours long, but it is really a lot of work and fun, and you would enjoy it.

Although you may want to book this on your own to save money, you can't. The cruise lines have a contract with the vendor and if you're coming in off a cruise ship, you must go through the cruise ship. If you were a land vacationer, the price would be about $40 less.

GoldenZoo Go to the ports of call St. Thomas there is some info. about the mini boats there. JMB410 We did the mini boat tour in St. Thomas April 05 The tour was on the other side of the island no wear near the cruise ships and we only did one snorkel stop.I thought the mini boat tour in Antigua was alot better than the one in St. Thomas they when alot faster and we had more time to drive aroun in the boats. When we were in Grand Caymen the mini boats went past all the cruise ships.

Archived