Serenade Cabin 7092

Romeo17

We are booked into Cabin 7092 on the Serenade. The balcony looks pretty big, but we are concerned about the cover over the lifeboats. What do you see of the cover from this cabin? Also, we notice that there is a door in the hallway that could be closed at times (possibly to muffle sound from the atrium). It looks like passengers would have to go in an out of this door to access the forward cabins. Does anyone know if this door is closed in the evenings and if so, if you hear the door opening and closing in 7092? Thank you.

I have been on the balcony of one hump cabin but I can't remember which deck it was on. There was a cover (like a ceiling) leading out to the open portion of the balcony. It was almost like walking in a hallway. The balcony was VERY big but only a small portion of it was open to the sun. As for the hallway doors, the only time I have seen them closed is when I first get on the ship and they have not opened the rooms yet.

We have been in this cabin on the Serenade and as Ken said, this door is only closed while they are cleaning the cabins on turnaround day.

You will see the lifeboat covers if you are standing on your balcony and you look to the right. They will not be directly below your balcony as you look straight out.

Well...I have to say that we were in cabin 9078 on Serenade, and they did close that fire door at night because the music in the Centrum was incredibly loud and closing the door helped a little....but, the door did slam pretty much constantly as passengers went to and from their cabins down the hall. The music finished by 11pm or midnight, so not too big a deal unless you're an early to bed person! The cabin was great, balcony was great...but that was our experience with the noise and the door! Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were concerned about the door being used to muffle the sounds from the Centrum. Do you know if they leave the door open after the entertainment ends? Don't mind some extra noises until 11 or 12 pm, but hopefully not much later!

We were in 7092 on Serenade in March, and it was a great cabin! The large balcony is pie-shaped, and we had 2 loungers and 2 regular chairs. The tops of the lifeboats are directly beneath the balcony, but if you look ahead, the scenery is great.

The fire doors to the Centrum were closed every evening after dinner until the entertainment in the Centrum was finished, usually around 11 p.m., maybe a little later. There was never a noise issue for us either from the Centrum or the elevators. Closing the fire doors definitely muffled any sounds.

The end-of-hump cabins on the Radiance-class ships are my favorites! Hope you love it too!!

Thanks, Karen! We were hoping to have a direct view down to the water, but suspected the lifeboat cover might block that. The larger balcony and convenient location should be great, though. It's nice to know the noise from the hall door opening and closing won't be an issue after midnight. We have never had a cabin on the hump and are looking forward to it!

• 3 years later...

We've had this exact cabin on several Radiance-class ships including the Serenade and love its convenience. No problems with either the lifeboat covers or noise. Nice larger balcony, too. Will be doing again on the Dec. 15th (my birthday!) Western Caribbean 2017 cruise.