Tropical Storm Cristobal

chris330r

We leave on Sensation tomorrow and wouldn't you know it this tropical storm will be right over Bahamas Monday & Tuesday. Good thing we didn't pay for Atlantis water park excursion, because now we'll get it for free with the weather lol. We're not upset with it and will have fun no matter what!

Forecast so far says "heavy downpours with gusty winds"...yikes!...My question is, would Carnival divert away from these ports with weather like that and go where the sunshine is?

So far, there's no weather advisory on the Carnival website which I find strange since weather seems to be tracking this storm and saying it's right over Bahamas early next week.

Edited by chris330r

We leave on Sensation tomorrow and wouldn't you know it this tropical storm will be right over Bahamas Monday & Tuesday. Good thing we didn't pay for Atlantis water park excursion, because now we'll get it for free with the weather lol. We're not upset with it and will have fun no matter what!

Forecast so far says "heavy downpours with gusty winds"...yikes!...My question is, would Carnival divert away from these ports with weather like that and go where the sunshine is?

So far, there's no weather advisory on the Carnival website which I find strange since weather seems to be tracking this storm and saying it's right over Bahamas early next week.

we will be on the same ship/cruise with you --- wondering the same thing :)

I just now saw your thread on the same topic, so i'll take this one down so it all stays in one place. I don't see any weather advisory on Carnival website yet, which seems odd since weather is tracking this as a tropical storm.

NHC has not yet given it a name because the hurricane hunters did not find the circulation they were looking for. They are calling it disturbance 1, but it sure looks like it is going up over the Bahamas and then off the East coast of Florida according to this from the NHC

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php?basin=atlc&fdays=5

We are just hoping it stays out of the Gulf of Mexico since we sail the 31st to the W. Caribbean from Galveston.

Edited by DebJ14

Maybe you guys can go to Key West instead of Freeport. I am one of the few people who loves going to Key West so that would be a win for me. :cool:

We're also just happy being on the cruise so this storm won't rain on our fun...but Key West would be a nice alternative stop. It's been 13 years since we last visited there back on the Victory in '01.

I just saw on Facebook that the cruise director for the Pride stated that they were going to cancel going to Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay, and instead go to Port Canaveral and Nassau instead. They were leaving Baltimore today as start to 7 day cruise.

I just saw on Facebook that the cruise director for the Pride stated that they were going to cancel going to Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay, and instead go to Port Canaveral and Nassau instead. They were leaving Baltimore today as start to 7 day cruise.

While any cruise is a good cruise, I would be disappointed to have to substitute Nassau and Port Canaveral for Grand Turk and HMC. No comparison. I hope conditions improve quickly so no further cruises are impacted. I appreciate that Carnival tries to keep everyone safe.

Bon voyage, make the most of it!

Since they are rerouting the cruise, will they give obc for the itenary change? I was just wondering what they would do in these cases.

Sent from my SM-G730V using Forums mobile app

Port charges and taxes will be refunded as OBC. The cruise line can change the itinerary as it sees a need for it and is not required to give OBC for any changes. Now that does not mean that they won't but myself personally would not count on it.

I'm on board the Pride now and there has been no word on any compensation for the terrible port changes. I don't expect there to be any offered, but it sure would be nice. Canaveral and Nassau come no where close to HMC and Grand Turk.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I'm on board the Pride now and there has been no word on any compensation for the terrible port changes. I don't expect there to be any offered, but it sure would be nice. Canaveral and Nassau come no where close to HMC and Grand Turk.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Wow, Carnival should really give some on board credit. The cruises out of Baltimore for these two ports are always less money to book, then the HMC cruises. I know they don't have to, but there is no comparison between the ports. S/b worth 100 on board credit per cabin, or at least a 20% disc on a future cruise. Come on Carnival, do the right thing here

Geez -- I have always thought that calling Canaveral a port-of-call was a stretch -- lamest port, ever! :cool: And we hate Nassau, so I would really be disappointed.

You have to go with the flow, though, I guess, if you cruise during Hurricane season. Hope you have/had a good time anyway!

A few years back, when we cruised a 9 day one from NYC, we were told right away port of call changes from San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Martaan and Tortula to PC, Nassau and Freeport. It sucked big time, and we did not get one penny. They did give us a 10% off future cruise instead.

A few years back, when we cruised a 9 day one from NYC, we were told right away port of call changes from San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Martaan and Tortula to PC, Nassau and Freeport. It sucked big time, and we did not get one penny. They did give us a 10% off future cruise instead.

Wow, that is quite a swap: four favorite ports vs. lame, a dump and another dump. :(

Wow, that is quite a swap: four favorite ports vs. lame, a dump and another dump. :(

Tell me about it. 2 years later The same thing happened on another cruise. I stopped cruising August and September

Sent from my LGLS990 using Forums mobile app

Edited by pamrose228