TD 4 (Christobal)

Hurricane Expert

Hopefully some good news for those following this system. Models have reverted to the scenario of a few days ago of a farther east track. If correct, this system will move past the eastern Bahamas tomorrow or tomorrow night, then out to sea. Thundershowers not associated with this system may last after the storm moves away. Christobal may move in the vicinity of Bermuda around Tuesday night, so that is something to be watched.

Hopefully some good news for those following this system. Models have reverted to the scenario of a few days ago of a farther east track. If correct, this system will move past the eastern Bahamas tomorrow or tomorrow night, then out to sea. Thundershowers not associated with this system may last after the storm moves away. Christobal may move in the vicinity of Bermuda around Tuesday night, so that is something to be watched.

I'm supposed to dock in Bermuda on Wednesday

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Eiansmomma

Actually it will be passing Bermuda Thursday night - not Tuesday...sorry! It's too early to tell if there will be any significant weather there.

This article posted today, cruise itinerary changes due to Christobal http://http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5959

My family is on the Oasis of the Seas, left Ft Lauderdale 8/23 - anyone have any updates if they have family on the Oasis? I see on some "cruise tracking sites" the Oasis is at sea, destination 8/26 St. Thomas, first stop. I do not know if the sites online are reliable or not. If anyone can suggest a site, that is real time, or that updates, I would greatly appreciate.

http://www.marinetraffic.com

BUT once a ship is out to sea they are out of range, therefore the tracking will be out of date. I don't believe there are any real time trackers.

There is a CC member who has immense knowledge in this. Hopefully he can chime in

I did a search for Oasis of the Seas bridge cam, but it seems that they only have cameras on other parts of the ship and not the bridge.

See here:http://www.royalcaribbean.com/multimedia/webcam/ship.do?shipCode=OA

Stay safe this week everyone!

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Edited by meatball_nyc

http://www.marinetraffic.com

BUT once a ship is out to sea they are out of range, therefore the tracking will be out of date. I don't believe there are any real time trackers.

There is a CC member who has immense knowledge in this. Hopefully he can chime in

I did a search for Oasis of the Seas bridge cam, but it seems that they only have cameras on other parts of the ship and not the bridge.

See here:http://www.royalcaribbean.com/multimedia/webcam/ship.do?shipCode=OA

Stay safe this week everyone!

~Robin

Thank you Robin, I did find Marine Traffic, and another Vessel Tracker dot com. That's what I thought, as you wrote it, once it's out to sea..it's out to sea. Vessel Tracker the last posted of Oasis of the Seas, Last report: Aug 24, 2014 03:07 UTC

Sailing to: ST THOMAS

ETA / Speed: Aug 26, 11:20 / 16.8 kn

Yup that's a good one as well.

You're welcome!

I wouldn't worry too much. The captain will keep everyone safe as can be.

Safe Sailing!

~Robin

Safety, yes, my main concern. It was though, a Wedding was scheduled upon the ship, once Ported Bahamas. As I've read, Nassau/Bahamas is no longer a stop, due to the weather. No stop, No Wedding. Yes, Hurricane Season, a risk, and so it happened. :(

I agree " as long as all travelers/persons residents of effected areas are safe" Capt's doing their best -is what matters.

the Wedding License is of valid " ceremony on ship" (only) port of Bahamas (only)- no other options / Capt was to officiate, It's pretty doubtful, at this point,... it was scheduled, date & time, package, paid for upfront, via the contract, it they are not ported on the scheduled event (due to,out of the control, weather, etc ) it's a no go.

Safety, yes, my main concern. It was though, a Wedding was scheduled upon the ship, once Ported Bahamas. As I've read, Nassau/Bahamas is no longer a stop, due to the weather. No stop, No Wedding. Yes, Hurricane Season, a risk, and so it happened. :(

So far all of the unsettled weather has remained well east of Nassau. It's possible Nassau may miss most of it.

Norwegian Dawn will depart Bermuda at 6 am tomorrow, Tuesday, August 26.

If conditions prevent Norwegian Gem from anchoring at Great Stirrup Cay, tomorrow, Tuesday, August 26, the ship will proceed to Nassau and stay overnight through 6 pm on Wednesday.

Norwegian Breakaway will modify her Bermuda itinerary and sail south to arrive in Port Canaveral, Florida on Wednesday, August 27 and will call in Nassau on Thursday, August 28.