Transportation from Ft Lauderdale to Miami cruise port

mousehousemom

Needing some suggestions on transportation options from Ft Lauderdale airport to Miami cruise port. There are 8 of us in our group and we arrive December 27 at 5:30 am and leave December 28 on the Epic. Any recommendation on shuttles or would taxis be the best option?

We used Go shuttles from the airport. Very inexpensive but there were only 2 of us. There may be a better option for a larger group.

At the end of the cruise are you going right to the airport? If your flight is late enough I highly suggest the Everglades excursion. The pack your luggage on the bus, a tour guide tells you all about Miami and the area on the way, then you go on the airboats in the Everglades, and then they bring you right to the airport. We loved it but you can only do it with a later flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have seen this company suggested on other threads: http://ridesas.com/ They have said that they were great.

You can call and make reservations. As of right now, we have reservations through NCL, they are $25 per person, each way, but I am going to give this other company a call and see about making reservations.

I have seen this company suggested on other threads: http://ridesas.com/ They have said that they were great.

You can call and make reservations. Rates for a party of 8 would be $13 per person according to their website. As of right now, we have reservations through NCL, they are $25 per person, each way, but I am going to give this other company a call and see about making reservations.

Earlier this year we used QLS for transportation from FLL to our hotel in Miami and then from the port to FLL. We did one private shuttle (for six of us) and it was around $120 total. For the non-private shuttle, it was less than $100 for the six of us.

QLS was very easy to work with and very flexible. We plan on using them again next year.

Needing some suggestions on transportation options from Ft Lauderdale airport to Miami cruise port. There are 8 of us in our group and we arrive December 27 at 5:30 am and leave December 28 on the Epic. Any recommendation on shuttles or would taxis be the best option?

It sounds like you are not going right to the Miami cruise port, but that you have a day between when you fly in and when you embark, is that correct? And that you are going to a hotel -- where? Miami? Because I think the FLL shuttle services like SAS (recommended above; we used them last fall and they were excellent) have a limit as to where in Miami they will drop you at a hotel. So you would want to check that out with them. I found SAS easy to deal with by email.

BTW, this thread belongs over on the Florida Departures board. You should do a search there and ask your question there if you don't find sufficient info.

Have a great trip!

Edited by Turtles06

We used Go shuttles from the airport. Very inexpensive but there were only 2 of us. There may be a better option for a larger group.

At the end of the cruise are you going right to the airport? If your flight is late enough I highly suggest the Everglades excursion. The pack your luggage on the bus, a tour guide tells you all about Miami and the area on the way, then you go on the airboats in the Everglades, and then they bring you right to the airport. We loved it but you can only do it with a later flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the info! We do have a late flight, the Everglades excursion sounds like a great idea for our group!

We have used SAS several times, with no problems. It costs $15 pp, one way. I would suggest you google SAS and get the info about them on their web site. You can even set up a reservation on the site, and they will contact you within a few days. You might get a deal with the size of your group.:)

I used SAS this January. I left a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale on New Year's Day for a cruise out of the Port of Miami and had no problem. I used them for the return trip directly to the airport. It was a very crowded day at POM and they were booked heavily. As I had a late flight, I volunteered to wait for a later shuttle, and they actually comped the trip for me!

Delawarealan

We have used GroundLink a couple times and were very happy, its a little more on the $$ side, but they have limos and larger vans. I think it would kind of fun arriving in the Limo. We have a car booked for our sailing on Pearl next month !

Enjoy - I really like Epic - you have to try the Ice Bar

I am also a happy SAS customer. we generally stay at a FLL area hotel then take SAS to the port the morning of the cruise. with eight of you, you might be able to get a private shuttle or you might say you are willing to share the ride with a few strangers. the people on the shuttle are generally pleasant; they are headed to a ship, after all.

If you'd rather, you could have SAS pick you up at the airport, take you to a downtown Miami hotel then take taxis to the port in the morning. with eight of you, you could likely get the service to tale you to a south beach hotel, if that is where you'd like to spend the free time. again taxis to port in morning.

One way car rentals are an option, but for eight you'd need two vehicles.