Blue Grotto

Turtle Girl 14

The diesel smell can sometimes be intense but I don't think claustrophobic people would be very uncomfortable. Of course, depends just how severe. I imagine some reading/research could give you a better idea of size and dimension and you'd have a better idea of your comfort zone.

Nice vid. I would love to visit, but where is it? Never mind. I found it on the Ilse of Capri. (Should have given Google the question first.)

Looks fun but found a photo of 30 row boats gathered to enter. Highly suspect you spend way more time getting there and getting in than being in the blue grotto itself. (Then again, I did a 45 minute bus ride to get to the top of a 90 second zip ride. Who am I to talk too much??)

Edited by EdmPair

Nice vid. I would love to visit, but where is it? Never mind. I found it on the Ilse of Capri. (Should have given Google the question first.)

Looks fun but found a photo of 30 row boats gathered to enter. Highly suspect you spend way more time getting there and getting in than being in the blue grotto itself. (Then again, I did a 45 minute bus ride to get to the top of a 90 second zip ride. Who am I to talk too much??)

I did a boat tour around the entire island, and it was right at the top of anything I've seen/done in my life. I say this because the "getting there" is breathtaking, to say the least.

The diesel smell can sometimes be intense but I don't think claustrophobic people would be very uncomfortable. Of course, depends just how severe. I imagine some reading/research could give you a better idea of size and dimension and you'd have a better idea of your comfort zone.

Diesel smell? There are no engines in or near the Grotto...as the only way in is via hand rowed boats or by swimming. As to claustrophobia, somebody might be a little scared as they duck to get under the entrance rocks...but once inside it is a pretty large area.

Hank

Close your eyes, duck as your boat goes in and think of England !!! Ones of the worlds great tourist experiences, the fluorescent reflected blue of the water inside the Grotto is unforgettable. Don't forget to tip the boatman .