Love Boat Dream Question

taxatty

I might be nuts--but we just got off the Coral, and I swear that the Love Boat Dream dessert there was nowhere near as good as it was on the Caribbean. Is this possible? Could they be tweaking the recipe from ship to ship? Has anyone else noticed this?

Les

I don't know if it has anything to do with the ship but I think that they must be trying new recipes. I don't find it nearly as good on any of the ships as it was when we first started cruising 2 1/2 years ago - maybe it was the first time thing . . . but last cruise I only had it once and that was enough for me and I LOVE chocolate!!!

I agree, it's not quite the same. Kind of like they are trying to make it healthy :eek:

You know, the way the no fat/no sugar stuff looks the same but just doesn't taste the same? The last cruise I didn't even bother ordering one. The time before I was disappointed and figured why waste the calories if it isn't heavenly. It just doesn't taste as rich and sinful as it used to.

I'm with you Toronto, I wish I had never discovered it on the Grand in June. Yum! We have been on Princess 17 times and friends had this desert once and I tried it and never ordered it myself. Well, on our June cruise, my "friend" loved this thing so much that she ordered one for me and the rest is history, I had three more that week. It is soooo gooood. Wish I didn't know. Convince me that it isn't good, please. Even my dh can't believe that I order desert.

The cake that was served in celebration of our friend's Anniversary was more like the 'original' Dream Boat than the present one. The present one was only offered once during the cruise...and I think on 'American' night.

Archived