Dear Celebrity

Eddie's Girl

For me, this morning, it was "this reservation number cannot be found!" Meanwhile, it's RIGHT THERE ON MY FIRST PAGE and second, it's paid in full. I finally called them and said, do you know you have the absolute worst website in the history of the internet? The response I got was "tell me something I don't know!" It's extremely frustrating. I have tried IE, Google Chrome, Firefox, iPad.... nothing! :eek::confused:

Exact same for me, that is also a new message for me.:mad:

Understand the frustrations, and if I had not fully paid both cruises, I too would have cancelled - at this rate this could well be our last Celebrity Cruise as well.

As I can't see my reservation, I have doubts

The silence on their FB pages (Australia and US) is deafening !

Hi all,

If you having any issues regarding our website, please email web_reservations_cci@celebritycruises.com or call 1-800-722-5941 with the following details:

• The website URL
  • Which computer you are using - PC, Mac or Mobile Device
  • Reservation number.

This will greatly help us troubleshoot the issue and create a better experience for you. Thank you!

Hi all,

If you having any issues regarding our website, please email web_reservations_cci@celebritycruises.com or call 1-800-722-5941 with the following details:

• The website URL
  • Reservation number.

This will greatly help us troubleshoot the issue and create a better experience for you. Thank you!

This has been an ongoing problem for years!!!!!

Do you know how many times you have answered these questions, with no resolution. Think about it, people are frustrated because you and the IT department, have had no solutions for years!!!!!

We would like to have the problems fixed. You are just giving us the same old song and dance!!!!

Hi all,

•  
  • The website URL

• Reservation number.

OK, so I called the 800 number and spoke to someone who had no idea what I was talking about, implied I did not know how to use the site and didn't take note of the requested information. Total waste of time and she was rude besides. I only called because when I went to the indicated web address the message I got was that it was probably a phishing site. Sorry X but I'm unhappy again.

Hi Celebrity thanks your your interest in our issues your feedback is indeed important to me, and I am grateful for your response.

I have already emailed that address, alas no response, or to the Captains Club or Concerns email addresses, providing the URL, booking number and sail date of my two fully paid cruises (I can view one and not the second on the same ship !!)

(not even an automated response acknowledging receipt of my email)

Mr Bayley's office did reply 16 August "apologised for the frustration" but at least it was a response.

Multiple phone calls to the US office have resulted in nothing.

Similarly my postings on your Facebook pages (Australia and US have been ignored by X) I would have thought Celebrity had a responsive Social Media Team.

Truly as an Elite Cruiser I love the Celebrity Brand and On Board Service - this website is costing you a lot of revenue and goodwill.

Looking forward to a rectification soon - otherwise truly I think it's best Celebrity start again with a new reliable IT platform.

Having been advised that Celebrity are Reaching Out to me , I would love to add a link here to the Four Tops - " ReachOut , I'll Be There " to provide a little background music while I wait ! Please sing this as you read here !.:rolleyes: Darling Reach Out ........... to me ! I'll be there .... to love and comfort you ...

You know how it goes.

Seriously , I do feel so very sorry for the cruisers who are sailing soon and have not been able to enjoy the build up and anticipation that the precruise online "fun" provides . Looking at the shore excursions , planning which specialty restaurant you should book or perhaps buying a dining package. Heavens -- spending money with Celebrity !! Showing friends and family what you are doing and where you are going .. The build up is an integral part of cruising for us. We have a few months to wait for the cruise already booked and having given up on ever seeing that reservation online this Celebrity cruise does not have the same excitement as past sailing have had.

Thus - We will not go through this again for the additional March cruise holiday we have planned and sadly have jumped ship . No big deal I know , but all the talk from Celebrity and no action means they have failed to live up to the standards they profess and therefore are no-longer the Cruiseline they were. The website is a sad joke - asking cruisers to email or phone to an address provided on CC but never acting upon this is inexcusable. I wonder if Celebrity realize how much revenue their incompetence is costing the company and while some shareholders smuggly suggest all is well with the share price - perhaps the future may not be so bright if the internet is proving to be such a problem for them in this day and age.

Thank heavens Celebities IT people are not in-charge of any Government agency or department . Imagine that :eek:

There has not been an official post as to when this migration would be complete, but a Celebrity official has responded to a poster indicating it would be done by September 16th (not October). That is what has had folks like us anxiously awaiting for this week. That post is still live and included a copy/paste version of Celebrity's response to the reported issue that many of us are experiencing (cannot access reservation via My Celebrity). Clarity on when we can expect the issue to be resolved would be helpful.

Migration? Help me out someone. What does that mean?

Computer 'code' is written/updated/enhanced and tested in a development/test area which is separate from the real/production area.

A migration is when that development code is 'migrated' to the production area.

Hopefully X has a good QA (Quality Assurance) team and the problems (bugs) were found prior to being migrated to production. BUT, give the never-ending problems we have found, either they don't have a QA team or it is woefully inadequate!

I MY code behaved anything like X's code.....I'd have been fired a looooong time ago!!!:eek:

Hey, Celebrity.....here's a great idea.....pick some people on CC and let them be beta testers! I'll bet they'd do it for free, just so they could point out the problems you are experiencing!

Edited by CaroleSS

Computer 'code' is written/updated/enhanced and tested in a development/test area which is separate from the real/production area.

A migration is when that development code is 'migrated' to the production area.

Hopefully X has a good QA (Quality Assurance) team and the problems (bugs) were found prior to being migrated to production. BUT, give the never-ending problems we have found, either they don't have a QA team or it is woefully inadequate!

I MY code behaved anything like X's code.....I'd have been fired a looooong time ago!!!:eek:

Hey, Celebrity.....here's a great idea.....pick some people on CC and let them be beta testers! I'll bet they'd do it for free, just so they could point out the problems you are experiencing!

Thanks for the education :) I know nothing about code and development. That area of computing is like a foreign language to me.

Captains Club today advise me the US office is "limited in our knowledge and ability to assist with international reservations ".

Fact is I booked thru US Agency in Dania Beach Florida, minutes from Port Everglades, which I believe is still in the US ??

Celebrity Australia responded to a follow up message on FB and have sent them a private message - lets see what transpires ......

Celebrity now blame my browser, even after downloading Chrome no difference.

And if this was indeed the issue why I have I accessed every other sailing including November 9th successfully, but I cant view November 23rd ?

And can someone clarify is it 16th September or 16th October we are holding our breath for ?

Edited by downundermatt
another query

Captains Club today advise me the US office is "limited in our knowledge and ability to assist with international reservations ".

Fact is I booked thru US Agency in Dania Beach Florida, minutes from Port Everglades, which I believe is still in the US ??

Celebrity Australia responded to a follow up message on FB and have sent them a private message - lets see what transpires ......

I'm in the States so what is their excuse for me?