Question about Cruise Cards

augies

Is the cabin type printed on cruise cards? I upgraded from a balcony to a mini suite for an upcoming cruise in December. It's a surprise for DH and I'm hoping it's not on his cruise card in case he takes a good look at it before we get to our cabin.

Thanks.

Is the cabin type printed on cruise cards? I upgraded from a balcony to a mini suite for an upcoming cruise in December. It's a surprise for DH and I'm hoping it's not on his cruise card in case he takes a good look at it before we get to our cabin.

Thanks.

It is not on your cruise card, but when you check in the Princess rep will hand you a map of the ship with your cabin number on it, and will verbally make sure you know what your cabin number is (seeing as you just gave her/him your boarding pass with the cabin number on it.) It is difficult to get past this step without hearing it, at least. They do this in case there were upgrades at the pier.

As a matter of fact, your boarding pass will have the cabin number on it, so unless he is very trusting of you and doesn't look at the docs he will see the cabin number.

Now if the number doesn't mean anything to him that would be better. I know that my wife, who trusts me to get all the docs straight, always asks what is our cabin number and where is it. So good luck. :)

Edited by Times Prince

The cabin number wouldn't mean anything to my wife. She would probably realize a low number was forward and a high number was aft but, other than that, it could be an interior or a suite and she wouldn't know by the number. For that matter, I'm pretty clueless in that regard as well. :)

(Cruise n00bs... What are you gonna do?)

The upgrade to the mini sounds like a NICE surprise to me.

If you're super-stealthy, you could write up a little card that says "please don't SAY our cabin number or category" and show it in your palm or drop it on their desk.

I've learned from my wife how to hand over a credit card with the dinner menus at a restaurant so the waiter knows that I'm paying the bill for a group. I've also been known to write up a quick note saying "use this card for tonight's bill", and rubber-band the note, the credit card, and a small tip that I hand to the host/hostess when I arrive and check in.

Honestly, he cabin number means nothing to him. He just wants to know that we're in the aft section of the ship because he's sensitive to motion and is more comfortable there.

Thanks for all the replies and information.