Vegetarian food on Azamara ships?

Turbofun

Most of the vegetarian entrees are fine. If you are a vegan, contact AZ before hand so you can hopefully work out a menu. The veg entree's in the specialty restaurants do not change. They have been the same for the 3 AZ cruises I have taken.

Most of the vegetarian entrees are fine. If you are a vegan, contact AZ before hand so you can hopefully work out a menu. The veg entree's in the specialty restaurants do not change. They have been the same for the 3 AZ cruises I have taken.

I have learned you can order just about anything in them with a day's notice.. i eat fish and get ahi tuna up there once a cruise.. the veggie dish is good in PrimeC but i bet they would invent a dish or two with notice. no sweet potato's on ship and a few other veggie's but it can work.

Does anyone here have any experience of or views about how well Azamara caters for vegetarians?

Although I'm a fan of Azamara, I have never found their vegetarian food to be particularly good.

As Ellbon has already mentioned, if you give notice, they will produce something to order.

In my opinion, if you choose to be a strict vegetarian and do not eat meat, fish or eggs, the vegetarian food on most cruise lines is unimaginative and can be quite boring.

The vegetarian starter and main course in the speciality restaurants on Azamara have remained the same for several cruises.

If you are a pescatarian and not a vegetarian, you will find a choice of fish dishes.

Thanks all, your replies have given me information to consider.

My wife and I are vegetarians, lacto ovo, to use the common description, which means we eat eggs and dairy.

Up to now our cruising has mainly been on "British" lines which, like most of the UK, cater quite well for vegetarians of our persuasion. P&O being the best.

We sometimes consider using the more upmarket lines but are concerned abouit the food side, not wanting to have to get too involved with the detail of specifying our food choices.

Basically, my view is, at upmarket prices, one should be able to just say vegetarian and the chefs should be able to do the rest.

Vegetarian food, even imaginative stuff is, afterall, much cheaper to produce.

since yuo do dairy and eggs you will enjoy the veggie dishes in the speciality resturants.. but to get more choices you wil lhave to ask ahead. .the MDR has a veggie dish daily.. not sure that it is as i rarely go there.