Formal Nights on Allure?

We always do formal night and have a blast. Typically, I would say around 30% or so do formal night, but it is definitely higher on the second night.

We were on a Western Caribbean cruise on Allure and maybe like 50% or more people dressed up on the second formal night. Probably because that is "Lobster" night so more cruisers go to the main dining room.

The clothes do not have to be too formal, I have seen men wearing jeans and a sports coat let into dinner. I always wear a suit and so do most men, but for women the range is from a gown to a pants suite.

Enjoy Allure, we loved the ship! You can check out our photo album from that cruise here.

Thank you. this helped a ton. We have done it in the past and this time we are not as excited about it, but hate to miss out on the food in the main dining.

It sounds like we can still dine? Or should we go to another restaurant that night?

We always do formal night and have a blast. Typically, I would say around 30% or so do formal night, but it is definitely higher on the second night.

We were on a Western Caribbean cruise on Allure and maybe like 50% or more people dressed up on the second formal night. Probably because that is "Lobster" night so more cruisers go to the main dining room.

The clothes do not have to be too formal, I have seen men wearing jeans and a sports coat let into dinner. I always wear a suit and so do most men, but for women the range is from a gown to a pants suite.

Enjoy Allure, we loved the ship! You can check out our photo album from that cruise here.

Can anyone tell me what nights are the formal nights on the Allure?

How many people participate in this? Would be the odds one out if we didn't?

Can we still go to the Main Dining if we dont do formal?

Nights 2 and 6 for eastern and nights 2 and 5 for western.

No dress code is enforced, you can wear whatever you want.

On Formal Nights the code is loosely enforced. I would not wear jeans, and try to spruce up the button down shirt with a tie, but you can definitely get away with not wearing a sports coat or jacket.

As I mentioned, my wife usually wears a dress, but plenty of women wear pant suits. Some women go over the top with gowns, but that is definitely not required.

Glad you enjoyed the photos. We will be posting a bunch here and on our blog when we return from Alaska in a few weeks! Along with a detailed review.

If you really care whether you are out of place or not, then do not let people talk you into dressing less than the suggested code. Why take a chance on spending the evening feeling underdressed.

On our cruise, I'd say the percentage of fellows in jacket and tie hit 75 to 80%. Yes there were fellows in just shirt and tie, my son included, and those fellows actually looked a little under dressed. I think it's the light color of the shirts that makes them stick out like a sore thumb amongst all those dark suits. Absolutely did not see any jeans at all, but I did see two fellows in khakis. They did look out of place, but they do prove what the others above have said, the rules are not strickly enforced, so if merely not being refused admission is your goal, then you could do the same, they won't throw you out.

I'd say the same percentages for the ladies, maybe a little more. Very few women were in less than dressy outfits. The women seemed to dress up more than the men, as some women would be in mid calf to ankle length dresses, even if their fellow was in shirt and tie. Also , the younger women (under 35 ages) seemed to wear some very short, very dressy dresses with very high heals. The more mature types were more inclinded to the ankle length dresses, and any "pant suits" were really palazzo type pants, in sheer, or flowy materials, worn with satins and sequined tops. I like the palazzo pant outfits myself, as they pack easy and still fit the bill of being formal.

Edited by Gayle V