Two questions......

PattiHere

I am beginning to think about what to pack for my cruise on the Volemdam - October 16. This is a ten day cruise - and I was wondering how many evenings will be formail, informal and casual?

Also, when we get off the tender at HMC, is it a long walk to the beach or cabanas? We have reserved the orange cabana and were just wondering which direction we would go when we get off the tender. Is there someone there to point us in the right direction or will there be signs?

Thank you

Patti and Dean

Patti - you'll probably have 3 formals - casual and informal nights will depend on the ship and the itinerary.

HMC - Fear not, you'll be pointed in the right direction. To my mind some cabanas are a fair hike from the tender - walking through that gorgeous sand is not easy but well worth the effort! :D

Just after having your picture taken at HMC (for the first time), you should talk to the HAL reps that are in the visitor's booth directly in front of you. Once they find out you have a cabana they will assign you another HAL rep to take you to a tram just outside of the welcome centre. This tram will drop you off just up the (small) hill from your cabana. Seeing as you have the orange cabana, you probably won't need to use the tram as that cabana is fairly close to the welcome centre.

In my opinion, it is not that far a wald from the tenders to the beach.

On a ten day cruise you will probably have three formal nites, one or two informal nights and the rest will be casual but jeans and shorts are forbidden even on casual nites

Just after having your picture taken at HMC (for the first time), you should talk to the HAL reps that are in the visitor's booth directly in front of you. Once they find out you have a cabana they will assign you another HAL rep to take you to a tram just outside of the welcome centre. This tram will drop you off just up the (small) hill from your cabana. Seeing as you have the orange cabana, you probably won't need to use the tram as that cabana is fairly close to the welcome centre.

The tram thing is really good news - that hike along the beach was a bit much. It's a while now since our first cabana experience but I think we had a green one - I seriously began to wonder if I'd make it.....it's hard going ploughing through the sand. Last couple of times we stayed on board. With 'trams' I may now consider cabanning again.

:)

It's actually the tram that takes pax over to the aquatrax and stingray excursions but you can easily hop onboard and they will stop just above your cabana. I usually have the green one and have no trouble getting there via tram. :)

The tram is provided for the cabanas as well. The path was well packed last time we were on the island, but getting to the cabana and back is generally loose sand and can be a bit of an uphill climb. When you are ready to leave the cabana, you let them know, and they will come pick you up. If you have the Butler package, all this will be handled for you. I hope that you enjoy your cabana as much as we have enjoyed ours. We have always found them well worth the money.

Thank you for each of your replies, we have been reading about the cabanas on the board and decided that they would be a great option for us. Other than the pictures we have viewed of HMC we had no idea what to expect after we arrived on the island or even how to reach our cabana.

Thank you also for your response regarding how many evenings would be formal, informal and casual. We were not sure what we would need to pack for this cruise, now it will be easier knowing what we need.

Arzz and Mary - looking forward to meeting on board!

Thank you again everyone!

Patti and Dean

Archived