Princess - Future Cruise Credits

Hi fellow cruise lovers,

Can someone please explain Future Cruise Credits to me.

We are sailing in Sept on Dawn Princess and was wondering if we purchased FCC then, are we able to use them on the 2016 World Cruise Sydney/Sydney?

I posted my query in the middle of another Princess thread, in hindsight not a smart thing to do as I got a bit lost and I am still none the wiser :confused:

Thanks in anticipation

Hi fellow cruise lovers,

We are sailing in Sept on Dawn Princess and was wondering if we purchased FCC then, are we able to use them on the 2016 World Cruise Sydney/Sydney?

I posted my query in the middle of another Princess thread, in hindsight not a smart thing to do as I got a bit lost and I am still none the wiser :confused:

Thanks in anticipation

That should be fine. With long world cruises though, you get a small discount instead of OBC. Probably better for you, and if you want OBC instead you can just allocate the money from the discount to your onboard spending. ;-)

Edited by The_Big_M

That should be fine. With long world cruises though, you get a small discount instead of OBC. Probably better for you, and if you want OBC instead you can just allocate the money from the discount to your onboard spending. ;-)

Thanks for your reply.

I have now read the fine print on the Princess site which states - "Voyages 17 days+ = $125 inside/outside free credits but the onboard credit offer is not applicable to the World Cruise and segments of 45 days or more. For World Cruise segments of 45 days or more, the deposit is reduced to 5% of the cruise fare and a fare discount of 3% is provided."

So if I have interpreted this correctly - 3% of an oceanview cabin @ $26,000 is $780 which is much better than $125 free future credits.

Also 2015 World Cruise offered $2000 on board credit per person for past passengers. Would this OBC be extra plus the $3%?

Am I on the right track?

Hi fellow cruise lovers,

Thanks in anticipation

when you get on the Dawn in september ask the CC host and they will tell you what is best

Thanks for your reply.

I have now read the fine print on the Princess site which states - "Voyages 17 days+ = $125 inside/outside free credits but the onboard credit offer is not applicable to the World Cruise and segments of 45 days or more. For World Cruise segments of 45 days or more, the deposit is reduced to 5% of the cruise fare and a fare discount of 3% is provided."

So if I have interpreted this correctly - 3% of an oceanview cabin @ $26,000 is $780 which is much better than $125 free future credits.

Also 2015 World Cruise offered $2000 on board credit per person for past passengers. Would this OBC be extra plus the $3%?

Am I on the right track?

Yep. You've got it pretty well figured out.

As already pointed out, you can get yourself up to speed before purchasing the future cruise credit by talking to the captains cirlce host on board. But in the mean time, your future cruise credit (in this case 3% discount on price at time of booking) will be on top of any additional OBC and offers at the time of booking that either Princess and/or your TA has offered.

Am I on the right track?

Yes, right track. And the OBC would be extra - assuming a similar offer exists when you book.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Very much appreciated.

I have a much better understanding of FCC now and feel confident to discuss this with the FCC consultant on the Dawn Princess.

3% discount really works out well on a world cruise fare. So glad we get the opportunity to buy FCC's before the release of 2016 WC.

Happy cruising

Thanks everyone for your replies. Very much appreciated.

I have a much better understanding of FCC now and feel confident to discuss this with the FCC consultant on the Dawn Princess.

3% discount really works out well on a world cruise fare. So glad we get the opportunity to buy FCC's before the release of 2016 WC.

Happy cruising

Yes, I find that the Princess FCCs offer the best value compared to other lines.:D

Great stuff to do world cruise - on my bucket list.

Agree most have explained the FCC - they will also tell you they are valid for 2 years - but they will extend it. We just booked 42 night cruise using them - we got them in Dec 2012 but used them for the cruise in April 2015.

The obc of $125 is in US $ so works out more.

You will not lose the money you spend on the FCC after 2 years - they will either refund it to your Credit card or roll it over.