Valor sail dates have disappeared

Spudder

I am in the same boat (ship) as you but for a different date. Was going to book this week and now hoping no price increase with the change to Liberty. So much for my hours of research on the Valor reading reviews and trip reports! At least the itinerary seems to be staying the same so some of my research is still usable. Off to check out info on the Liberty!

Good news! I was able to get booked tonight! (Only 255 days until we sail...) The prices did not appear to have changed much, if at all, with the ship change, at least as of 6 pm Eastern time. I snagged a port side Lido Deck balcony for three for just under $700/person. :D

DH talked to carnival on the phone this evening and they want to downgrade us to a deluxe family ocean view on the liberty which I believe is something like a 6d from our 6k grand scenic ocean view on the Valor. No thank you. Still don't know what we are going to do. Also the rep said Valor itineraries would be out tomorrow.

I thought deluxe family oceanviews were on Dream class ships only??

One thing I think hasn't been brought up-

The MDR menus. Liberty has been testing the American table thingy ( kinda funny name now that it sails from San Juan in April) and Valor traditional oldie but goodie menus.

Wonder if the menus will stay with each ship. I will now be on Liberty, and not so thrilled with potential American Table menu themes. I guess have Guys burgers to eat though.

One thing I think hasn't been brought up-

The MDR menus. Liberty has been testing the American table thingy ( kinda funny name now that it sails from San Juan in April) and Valor traditional oldie but goodie menus.

Wonder if the menus will stay with each ship. I will now be on Liberty, and not so thrilled with potential American Table menu themes. I guess have Guys burgers to eat though.

For Lunch. They aren't open that late. Anyone know what the menu is like for the "American Table"

You know what, I am going to get slammed but oh well... It amazes me that people get upset and throw a tirade over something like this... Have we all lost perspective of life.. It's vacation, your going to enjoy it, wether you are on the Breeze or Fantasy.. Wether your in St. Maarten or Nasau... If this is the worse thing that happens to you in the next 7 months guess what, your living life.. I would hate to see these people having to deal with things in life such as not having a job, being an alcoholic and not being able to overcome it, losing a loved one to a car accident or a random shooting, and I could go on... It's business, every business has to make decisions and unfortunately not everyone can be pleased by the decisions. Every one complains but nobody offers solutions.. Do you not think the management at Carnival went through every single option possible, probably multiple times and this is the decision they made as it was best for all parties.. And by the way, I received a letter today from the IRS saying I owe them $590 from 2011 tax returns and it's 2014, almost 2015. But you know what, I will figure it out, if I owe the money I will pay them but I won't sit around and badmouth them for doing there job...

You know what, I am going to get slammed but oh well... It amazes me that people get upset and throw a tirade over something like this... Have we all lost perspective of life.. It's vacation, your going to enjoy it, wether you are on the Breeze or Fantasy.. Wether your in St. Maarten or Nasau... If this is the worse thing that happens to you in the next 7 months guess what, your living life.. I would hate to see these people having to deal with things in life such as not having a job, being an alcoholic and not being able to overcome it, losing a loved one to a car accident or a random shooting, and I could go on... It's business, every business has to make decisions and unfortunately not everyone can be pleased by the decisions. Every one complains but nobody offers solutions.. Do you not think the management at Carnival went through every single option possible, probably multiple times and this is the decision they made as it was best for all parties.. And by the way, I received a letter today from the IRS saying I owe them $590 from 2011 tax returns and it's 2014, almost 2015. But you know what, I will figure it out, if I owe the money I will pay them but I won't sit around and badmouth them for doing there job...

Sure it is a vacation! A vacation that folks pay for. A vacation that some actually plan and research MANY hours to get exactly what they want. Some people plan specific excursions that they want to do, purchase airfare that they will not be fully reimbursed for, choose the exact room that they prefer etc. How would you feel if you went out to buy a new car, say a Jaguar x-type. You had to come back the next day to pick it up, and when you did you got a Kia Forte. Is it new? Sure. Will it drive you where you wanna go? Sure, but it isn't what you paid for. It isn't what you researched. It isn't what you bought.

Sure it is a vacation! A vacation that folks pay for. A vacation that some actually plan and research MANY hours to get exactly what they want. Some people plan specific excursions that they want to do, purchase airfare that they will not be fully reimbursed for, choose the exact room that they prefer etc. How would you feel if you went out to buy a new car, say a Jaguar x-type. You had to come back the next day to pick it up, and when you did you got a Kia Forte. Is it new? Sure. Will it drive you where you wanna go? Sure, but it isn't what you paid for. It isn't what you researched. It isn't what you bought.

Bad examples of cars as that is not a good comparison of what is happening here. A better comparison would be a loaded Honda accord and you get the base line accord... And I am sure there would be a good reason why...

Bad examples of cars as that is not a good comparison of what is happening here. A better comparison would be a loaded Honda accord and you get the base line accord... And I am sure there would be a good reason why...

I suppose its as bad an example as you comparing vacation to real life tragedy or loss.

I was just checking our sail date on Carnival's website, looking for open cabins or price changes and the dates from March 22, 2015 on, have disappeared.

The cruise we have booked is still showing in our portfolio but there is nothing listed when you search for a cruise.

Was there an announcement I missed or do you suppose it is a website glitch?

Thanks

This is from the facebook timeline of John Heald:

arnival Liberty to San Juan; Carnival Valor to Port Canaveral

Beginning in March 2015, the Carnival Liberty and Carnival Valor will swap homeports with the Carnival Liberty shifting to San Juan to operate year-round seven-day Caribbean cruises, a program currently operated by Carnival Valor. At the same time, Carnival Valor will shift to Port Canaveral to take over Carnival Liberty’s program of five to eight-day year-round Caribbean cruises.

Carnival Liberty’s San Juan-based schedule kicks off March 29, 2015, with an itinerary featuring day-long visits to six tropical destinations: St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, and St. Maarten, each featuring gorgeous beaches, a distinctive island ambiance and a variety of water sports.

Carnival Valor will launch a five- to eight-day schedule from Port Canaveral March 27, 2015. Five-day cruises call at Nassau, Freeport and the private Bahamian island of Half Moon Cay or Key West, while seven-day Caribbean voyages visit Cozumel, Belize, Mahogany Bay (Isla Roatan) and Costa Maya or St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk and Nassau. Two different eight-day itineraries will be offered – one featuring Grand Turk, St. Thomas, St. Maarten and San Juan, and another calling at Aruba, Curacao or Bonaire, and Grand Turk.

Carnival Valor and Carnival Liberty will also operate two special voyages in March 2015 in preparation for their new homeport deployments. Carnival Liberty will offer a four-port, seven-day voyage from Port Canaveral to San Juan March 22-29, 2015, calling at St. Thomas, St. Kitts, St. Maarten and Tortola. Carnival Valor will offer a one-time five-day voyage departing San Juan March 22 and arriving in Port Canaveral March 27, 2015, featuring visits to St. Maarten and St. Thomas.

“We periodically move ships around to keep the product fresh in different markets and both Carnival Liberty and Carnival Valor offer a wide variety of fantastic features and an enticing array of itineraries for our guests to enjoy,” said Gerry Cahill, president and CEO of Carnival Cruise Lines.

My cabin is a 6K, which the Liberty doesn't have. I had 9200 and 9201. They are "Deluxe Scenic ocean Views" - 325 sq ft. I'm really unhappy now.

The Valor does have the 6K Scenic Ocean view. I just booked it for May since I saw the change in ships out of Orlando. Good luck.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The Valor does have the 6K Scenic Ocean view. I just booked it for May since I saw the change in ships out of Orlando. Good luck.

They had the valor booked and it is switch to the liberty...same boat as me.

Meh. Maybe people are over inflating the switch. But you're understating it. You choose the ship you want to go on for a variety of reasons. This is the first few hours post the announcement. I will give folks time to be peeved and vent, complain or whatever - until the new plans are worked out. I don't see anyone saying this is the worst that could happen. It's just that it's happening now and cruisers who are affected are discussing it. The debt you owe to the IRS is irrelevant, and I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. I'm sure everyone else on this board has bills too. And as much as I love Carnival, you're wrong about them making this decision for the best interest of everyone in mind. They did it for their own best interest as do all cruiselines when similar changes are made regardless of how it affects customers already booked. Period.

Meh. Maybe people are over inflating the switch. But you're understating it. You choose the ship you want to go on for a variety of reasons. This is the first few hours post the announcement. I will give folks time to be peeved and vent, complain or whatever - until the new plans are worked out. I don't see anyone saying this is the worst that could happen. It's just that it's happening now and cruisers who are affected are discussing it. The debt you owe to the IRS is irrelevant, and I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. I'm sure everyone else on this board has bills too. And as much as I love Carnival, you're wrong about them making this decision for the best interest of everyone in mind. They did it for their own best interest as do all cruiselines when similar changes are made regardless of how it affects customers already booked. Period.

Precisely. And their reasoning of saying they want to keep things fresh with mixing the ships around is a little ridiculous. If they really wanted to keep things fresh, they would change the itineraries and bring in new ports...

I booked a B2B in April on the Liberty because it had the upgrades, because we wanted to try a new, exciting ship, and because it has great reviews. A B2B for a family of four in 2 balconies on Lido is not cheap. Imagine my surprise when I learned today from Cruise Critic, not Carnival, that I've been switched to the a Valor and the price is the same. I'm seeing people being upgraded from their OV to balcony due to the ship change at no additional charge. So, what about those of us who booked balconies on Liberty and are now paying the same fare for the non-upgraded Valor? I've sailed the Valor, and it was great; but we wanted the upgrades and booked accordingly. Vacation time is rare and people deserve to spend it as they planned. I'm not happy. No email from Carnival...no phone call...nothing. I'll be calling my pvp in the morning...

I booked a B2B in April on the Liberty because it had the upgrades, because we wanted to try a new, exciting ship, and because it has great reviews. A B2B for a family of four in 2 balconies on Lido is not cheap. Imagine my surprise when I learned today from Cruise Critic, not Carnival, that I've been switched to the a Valor and the price is the same. I'm seeing people being upgraded from their OV to balcony due to the ship change at no additional charge. So, what about those of us who booked balconies on Liberty and are now paying the same fare for the non-upgraded Valor? I've sailed the Valor, and it was great; but we wanted the upgrades and booked accordingly. Vacation time is rare and people deserve to spend it as they planned. I'm not happy. No email from Carnival...no phone call...nothing. I'll be calling my pvp in the morning...

Not one email? Maybe check the spam folder? I got 3! One telling me about the change, one telling me of my new room and one saying my FTTF was canceled. The reason why I was upgraded is because there are no 6k's on the liberty and by their rule, they can only upgrade your room , not down grade. Personally I wish they had 6k's!

We are also sailing on the Valor Mar 22, 2015. I got an email from Carnival today saying they are "sorry" but the cruise has been cancelled. The Valor is now sailing out of PR on the 22nd but only to reposition to Cape Canaveral for 5 day cruises. And Carnival Liberty will be taking its place starting March 29th. Well since I have air and a hotel booked...this ought to be interesting. There are no other cruises that leave out of PR on that date that are in the same price range as the Valor so my call to Carnival to address this will be interesting. Looks like Royal Caribbean will be getting a call from me tomorrow... Wish me luck!!!

Not one email? Maybe check the spam folder? I got 3! One telling me about the change, one telling me of my new room and one saying my FTTF was canceled. The reason why I was upgraded is because there are no 6k's on the liberty and by their rule, they can only upgrade your room , not down grade. Personally I wish they had 6k's!

I looked. Not one single email anywhere other than the regular "sale" emails that everyone gets. What a classy way to do business.

We are also sailing on the Valor Mar 22, 2015. I got an email from Carnival today saying they are "sorry" but the cruise has been cancelled. The Valor is now sailing out of PR on the 22nd but only to reposition to Cape Canaveral for 5 day cruises. And Carnival Liberty will be taking its place starting March 29th. Well since I have air and a hotel booked...this ought to be interesting. There are no other cruises that leave out of PR on that date that are in the same price range as the Valor so my call to Carnival to address this will be interesting. Looks like Royal Caribbean will be getting a call from me tomorrow... Wish me luck!!!

Are you arriving into San Juan the day before? If so, there may be a couple of extra options and you can move your hotel stay to the day after the cruise. Luckily the cruises depart at 10:30pm so if you fly day of, that should give you a transportation cushion.

Departing San Juan on March 22

e9ff7a1c5fae2726f219d4d18d569e5f.png

Departing San Juan on March 21

828dc7b5b1db867ba0b1c9eee7bd81cf.png

Edited by Disconnections

I am on the October 12, 2014 Carnival Magic Cruise... we just had the same experience with our cruise. Carnival tried to tell me it was my computer but I told them it is not just me having the issue.

A couple of us called the web support line (which I suggest you do) and the tech that answered my call was confused by the situation. All is now fixed but it caused some trepidation among our group.

Check your itinerary in your booking manager. Ours disappeared while this glitch was present.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Maybe I was unclear ....

I know that the Valor has 6Ks. That is where I was booked. The Liberty does not. That is where I have been moved to. Carnival thinks that moving me to a balcony room is an "upgrade" - but I booked the 6Ks for their size. So, today I will attempt to get something at comparable size.

Maybe I was unclear ....

I know that the Valor has 6Ks. That is where I was booked. The Liberty does not. That is where I have been moved to. Carnival thinks that moving me to a balcony room is an "upgrade" - but I booked the 6Ks for their size. So, today I will attempt to get something at comparable size.

If you have luck with that, let me know. We will keep the 8d but wanted the 6k so much. I'd we could get a suite, that would be great. It's funny because we had one of the 6ks and my parents had the other. They haven't heard sweat about the change from carnival. If it wasn't for me, they wouldn't know. They got the 8d as we'll according to the website but never any emails.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So what do you want the cruise industry to do? Nobody offers there resolutions... Based on what you and others say you want every ship to stay at the same port and do the same itinerary forever... And then the same people would be complaining that the cruise industry never changes itinerary and I can never go on this ship because it's always at that port and the cost of airfare to that port from my location is outrageous. Trust me, when any cruise line changes ships or itinerary they look at the best decision for everyone. Nobody knows what the other options were in this case and I am sure this is best for everyone. My point in original post is put life in perspective, this is a minor blimp in what people face and challenge everyday. I don't have any of those issues I mentioned, just things my friends are going up against. As far as IRS, I wasn't complaining, I was stating it's part of life and I will fix and move on without letting it bother me.

So what do you want the cruise industry to do? Nobody offers there resolutions... Based on what you and others say you want every ship to stay at the same port and do the same itinerary forever... And then the same people would be complaining that the cruise industry never changes itinerary and I can never go on this ship because it's always at that port and the cost of airfare to that port from my location is outrageous. Trust me, when any cruise line changes ships or itinerary they look at the best decision for everyone. Nobody knows what the other options were in this case and I am sure this is best for everyone. My point in original post is put life in perspective, this is a minor blimp in what people face and challenge everyday. I don't have any of those issues I mentioned, just things my friends are going up against. As far as IRS, I wasn't complaining, I was stating it's part of life and I will fix and move on without letting it bother me.

I would think that carnival should make these decisions before they list the cruises for sale. All major corporations make decisions 3 to 5 years out, so Carnival should do the same. This decision should have been made 2 years ago and that would have been before the cruise was offered for sale. If for some reason carnival management is not smart enough to plan out 3 years ahead, then they should compensate people who are already booked