Pinnacle Steakhouse / Splendor

DONDON55

we have never eaten in the specialty steakhouse before. we have reservations for the first night of our NE/Canada cruise on Sept 27th. My question is can you order more than one appetizer or entree like you can in the main dining room ? hubby loves the escargot but also loves shrimp cocktail and I know he would want one of each or maybe two ! LOL

You are not allowed to order more than one entree unless you pay an additional fee. I have, though, ordered an additional appetizer, but it was in place of the salad.

As huge as the portions are, I'm not sure anyone would want two entrees.

On a side note, I'll be in the Steakhouse that very night. I'll join you in trying to get a second appetizer. The salads do not look that appealing, so I think I'll sub that at least. I'm personally thinking the crab cake and onion soup. The carpaccio if I can manage a 3rd.

Honestly, not being much of a steak guy, I could go with skipping the entree and getting all the starters as a tasting menu instead.

It's good to pace yourself in the steakhouse and not eat too much food in the early courses (including the yummy bread and flavored butters) because the entrees range from pretty big to outlandishly huge, and then there are stellar desserts available after that. The whole pacing oneself is, of course, easier said than done for many of us.

It's good to pace yourself in the steakhouse and not eat too much food in the early courses (including the yummy bread and flavored butters) because the entrees range from pretty big to outlandishly huge, and then there are stellar desserts available after that. The whole pacing oneself is, of course, easier said than done for many of us.

If I manage multiples, I would probably go for the fillet or lobster ravioli, which I think are smaller. I'm more attracted by the variety of the starters as opposed to the giant, albeit tasty, regular steaks they have.

Appetizers are unlimited and served complimentary in the steakhouse.

If you order an entree, you will be subjected to a $35 charge that includes the gratuity. If you order an extra entree, you will be charged an additional of either $20 or $35.

I believe it is $25 additional entree charge. Just to throw a little more mix in, it was my understanding that you could forgo one of the early items for another (not the entree), example 2 soups and give up a salad.

Please come back and let us know how your steakhouse experience goes. Will be on the Splendor on the 10/16 sailing and looking to try it. Thanks and enjoy!

Here is my review of our 8.4 sailing on the Splendor where we dined at the Steakhouse twice during the cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2086680

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished the cruise that you are going on. For the money, I thought that it (the whole cruise) was an overall positive experience but not as nice as our last cruise with Celebrity, including the food in the dining rooms. My party and I ate at the steakhouse on our last night. For $35 each, we were allowed to select three items from the starter and/or salad menus, one item from the main courses (as many sides as we liked), and one dessert. I am a big eater and left full. Comments on what I tried:

- I liked the escargot starter.

- I found the lobster bisque starter to be a disappointment. It was thin, needed more cream and/or butter and seasoning, the morsels of lobster were almost non-existent, and the crouton-like ring set in it was soggy and flavorless.

- The tuna tartare starter was a disappointment, mostly because it lacked flavor. It was a generous portion, but they needed to go with some kind of a flavor palate for it (e.g., southwestern with some chili and other spices, or asian with some sesame oil, ginger and soy).

- The crab cake starter was surprisingly good.

- The spice-rubbed prime ribeye steak tasted very good. However, it had very large sections of fat that significantly reduced its size.

- The creamed spinach side dish was runny and bland. It could have used some garlic and salt.

- The mushroom side dish was pretty good.

- The broccoli side dish was very plain

- The lobster was cold and not super flavorful

- The lamb chops were plentiful and pretty tasty.

- The chocolate sampler dessert was a big disappointment. Four small glasses with what amounted to mini-sundaes that just didn't appeal to me much in texture and flavor. I hate to waste food and left most of this dessert uneaten.

- The cheesecake was also a disappointment, primarily due to its texture. It seemed like it was a cheesecake-flavored gelatin. The best part was the crust. Most of this dessert was also left uneaten.

Service was attentive but awkward. It seemed like the restaurant crew had not yet found its stride, and there were some language issues that made it difficult for us to communicate what we needed.

For $35, it was a good meal overall, but I was surprised with how many items I did not like a lot.

We ate in the Pinnacle Steak House twice on our Splendor cruise last June and LOVED it! The staff were all fantastic and the chef came out both times to see if we enjoyed our meal - we did!

We did the Canada cruise this year (9/1-9/6) and I made reservations again. There were only 2 of us on this cruise, so we didn't get one of the really great tables by the windows, but our server, Alex was fantastic - very friendly, out going and knowledgeable.

I LOVE the Tuna Tartare and I think the flavor is just perfect the way it is. I also had the Spinach salad, which I enjoyed very much. I'd had both on our last cruise.

I had the surf and turf for my entree and both the lobster and the filet were excellent. DH had the filet (he skipped the appetizers - he's watching his weight - on a cruise? Silly boy!) and the creamed spinach. He said both were very good and he's somewhat of a creamed spinach aficionado :) It's his favorite.

I also had the mushrooms - which I think are just yummy. And the cheesecake for dessert. I thought it was nice and creamy and I loved the crust. I couldn't finish it, and thought about asking for it to go, but the last time we did this, we realized that there's no place to keep it - certainly not in the tiny, not-so-cold fridge.

We had done the Wine and Food Pairing the day before and Vladimir, the sommelier had recommended a wine for us. He came over to see how we had liked it. We did! Now I'm raking my brain trying to remember what it was. I guess I have to find the steak house wine list and see if I can jog my memory.

Pinnacle steak house gets an A+ from me!

• 1 month later...
Appetizers are unlimited and served complimentary in the steakhouse.

If you order an entree, you will be subjected to a $35 charge that includes the gratuity. If you order an extra entree, you will be charged an additional of either $20 or $35.

Are you saying that we could go to the Pinnacle for free if we only order appetizers?

Are you saying that we could go to the Pinnacle for free if we only order appetizers?

I'm not sure if they would allow that for an entire party, but the OP asked about ordering additional items. To answer the OP, you can order as many appetizers/soups/salads as you want, but there is an additional charge of $20 if you order an additional entree. You would need to speak with the hostess or Maitre d' for information about an entire party.

Edited by Disconnections

• 2 weeks later...

We booked the steakhouse the first night of our 11/16 cruise.

I understand you get a free bottle of wine the first night of the cruise. What happens if you are dining with more than one couple in the steak house? Is it one bottle per table? Or each couple? Seeing how the dining tab will be split with 3 different cabins.

Just wondering what to expect.

We booked the steakhouse the first night of our 11/16 cruise.

I understand you get a free bottle of wine the first night of the cruise. What happens if you are dining with more than one couple in the steak house? Is it one bottle per table? Or each couple? Seeing how the dining tab will be split with 3 different cabins.

Just wondering what to expect.

It is per table, not couple.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...