Chocolate Buffet

finnkle

Here is the dessert menu from "Chocolate Night" on the Dawn last week.

15075581785_12eb1659cb_c.jpg

This looks great but just wanted to say that seeing the Lavazza Coffee offered at the bottom of the dessert menu that Lavazza now makes coffee for the K Cups for Keurig and I bought some this weekend and it was really good:) Of course it is better having it in my suite on the aft of any NCL ship but between cruises I at least can make coffee close my eyes and wish I was on the ship sipping my coffee :D

This looks great but just wanted to say that seeing the Lavazza Coffee offered at the bottom of the dessert menu that Lavazza now makes coffee for the K Cups for Keurig and I bought some this weekend and it was really good:) Of course it is better having it in my suite on the aft of any NCL ship but between cruises I at least can make coffee close my eyes and wish I was on the ship sipping my coffee :D

Hmmm….I may have to seek out some of those K cups for my Keurig. When we are not cruising that will be a little tease. :p

We were on the Jewel 2 wks ago, and I we never saw the chocoholic dessert list....of course they could have offered it when we ate dinner in the buffet. I did have the chocolate volcano, which was very good. I miss the bread pudding with caramel sauce though. :(

We were on the Jewel 2 wks ago, and I we never saw the chocoholic dessert list....of course they could have offered it when we ate dinner in the buffet. I did have the chocolate volcano, which was very good. I miss the bread pudding with caramel sauce though. :(

My dh and I were on the Jewel 2 wks ago, also. I missed the chocolate dessert in md also. I REALLY missed the bread pudding. That was my favorite dessert. Are they not offering that at all anymore? I thought maybe I had just missed going to the md on those nights. And, hey, maybe we visited on the Jewel. I chat it up a lot with lots of folks! ha!

I have to say, I didn't miss it until after the cruise and I realized it wasn't there - but it always looked better than it tasted - and I LOVE chocolate.

I love chocolate and I have to agree -- the stuff always looks better than it tastes. And it all pretty much tastes the same, even when it doesn't look the same. I'm not a baker, so I can't put my finger on it, but it has always seemed to me that whatever NCL is using for "chocolate" is not the real deal. It lacks flavor.

I love chocolate and I have to agree -- the stuff always looks better than it tastes. And it all pretty much tastes the same, even when it doesn't look the same. I'm not a baker, so I can't put my finger on it, but it has always seemed to me that whatever NCL is using for "chocolate" is not the real deal. It lacks flavor.

I've found that to be true for the chocolate that was used in the chocolate buffet, for the most part. But for the other chocolate used throughout the cruise, I didn't feel that it all tasted the same. I've had some very good chocolate desserts on NCL, but found that most of them were not at the chocoholics buffet. :cool:

Not to change to far off topic but do people prefer the new menu or the old menu?

We had the new menu on Breakaway in February and it is LOTS better. The only thing I really miss are the cold soups.

They didn't have a lot of chocolate on the new menus so I hope they'll have the new chocolate dessert night for my cruise in October. I'd rather have one really good chocolate dessert than all of the pretty-but-not-good-tasting stuff they had on the chocolate buffets for the last several years.