Liberty Cruise Canceled

99Fan

We have a credit due from carnival where we had to cancel because of someone stealing luggage out of truck in route to port. Had insurance with carnival got 75% credit toward another cruise just was looking forward to cruise now I dont know when I will book and when,we have to use credit within 24 months of letter we received in May.

I'd look for a replacement cruise ASAP. That is Spring Break time. Taking this ship out of service that week could cause higher demand and therefore higher prices for other ships (on all lines) for that week.

March 22 2015 cruise was canceled. What would you do about booking another cruise?

I just did a mock booking, at carnival's website is showing it is available to book?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am part of the Valor/Liberty switch. My Valor cruise on March 22 was cancelled. Been trying all weekend to book the Liberty for March 22 on its repositioning cruise to San Juan. No luck so far, since PVP is out of town and when I call Carnival, they can't book it on the regular phone line. I can book it online, but I need to make sure we get our On board credit for the cancellation, etc. It's driving me batty!

Oh, and did I mention I can't book the same room on the Liberty as I had on the Valor because its a Quad and there are only 3 of us?

My parents were cancelled out of their San Juan cruise on the Valor as well. And they had flights already booked, so there was no good option to stick with Carnival. They booked Celebrity. Carnival really screwed several people over with this one, and for no reason. This ship switch makes no sense.

My parents were cancelled out of their San Juan cruise on the Valor as well. And they had flights already booked, so there was no good option to stick with Carnival. They booked Celebrity. Carnival really screwed several people over with this one, and for no reason. This ship switch makes no sense.

There must be a reason for the switch, or it wouldn't happen. Even if a switch was a year or two from now, it would make no sense to the person who got cancelled. Having months to prepare for the changes is better than a last minute thing.

There must be a reason for the switch, or it wouldn't happen. Even if a switch was a year or two from now, it would make no sense to the person who got cancelled. Having months to prepare for the changes is better than a last minute thing.

According to Carnival, the switch was made to keep things fresh. People like to have new ships to sail on. At least that that is what our cancellation letter said. You would think they would do this when they release the new dates each year around March to April. Doesn't make sense to take bookings and then have to cancel them.

Sharon

Edited by luv2trvlnow

According to Carnival, the switch was made to keep things fresh. People like to have new ships to sail on. At least that that is what our cancellation letter said. You would think they would do this when they release the new dates each year around March to April. Doesn't make sense to take bookings and then have to cancel them.

Sharon

They had to say something that didn't reflect the true reason. There must be something, likely financial, that caused this switch. We have no idea. If it's a financial thing, they would not continue with losses just to appease the public.

I'm not involved with the switch, but I am looking forward to Valor at Canaveral and bye bye Liberty.

They had to say something that didn't reflect the true reason. There must be something, likely financial, that caused this switch. We have no idea. If it's a financial thing, they would not continue with losses just to appease the public.

I'm not involved with the switch, but I am looking forward to Valor at Canaveral and bye bye Liberty.

I read a post earlier, on either this thread or a similar one, that somebody said their best guess was the Liberty was doing better than the Sunshine in terms of bookings. Since Carnival has put so much money into the Sunshine they probably moved the Liberty out of P.C. and replaced it with a non 2.0 ship to drive sales more towards the Sunshine. May or may not be true, but I think it makes sense.

I read a post earlier, on either this thread or a similar one, that somebody said their best guess was the Liberty was doing better than the Sunshine in terms of bookings. Since Carnival has put so much money into the Sunshine they probably moved the Liberty out of P.C. and replaced it with a non 2.0 ship to drive sales more towards the Sunshine. May or may not be true, but I think it makes sense.

That sounds like a more logical reason to me also.

May increase Sunshine bookings ?

That was me. I posted my thoughts about the reason for the switch. I was booked on the Liberty for March 27 and after the switch, I reluctantly transferred to the Sunshine. I purposely booked the Liberty after sailing on the Freedom in May and falling in love with the ship, the itinerary and the 2.0 upgrades. Carnival moved the Freedom to Galveston, TX. Since I don't fly, I was thrilled when the Liberty arrived at Port Canaveral and had the same itinerary.

The Liberty had just moved to Port Canaveral several months ago and now Carnival is switching it with the Valor. Yes, I believe the Liberty was causing problems filling the Sunshine so Carnival decided to switch the Liberty with the "generic" Valor. Seasoned cruisers know the difference and some won't care but Carnival is probably banking on those who will want the 2.0 will book the Sunshine. New cruisers won't know too much about the difference in 2.0 or no 2.0.

They wouldn't switch out the Sunshine with the Valor because then that would put 2 Conquest Class ships in Port Canaveral.

Just my thoughts.

Edited by Anjanu