Getting someone in on your VIFP

jbenneacruiser

My family took a new family with us last year and added them to our sail and sign card so that they could get thru VIFP with us and not stand in the lines. Then when we got on board just took them off and put them on their own account. I have read that Carnival isn't letting you do this anymore but when I called Carnival, the person on the other end said sure! Can you or can't you?

Cannot.

Last November, out of Miami, our (adult) daughter was on our account (we weren't doing it to get her in with us, we were actually paying for her cruise/onboard account). She could not check in with us. As it turned out, she was finished checking in before us and had to wait for us outside the priority check in room. They wouldn't even let her come in the lounge and wait for us to finish checking in.

Carnival needs to do something about the VIP areas they are getting way to full before embarkation starts. There still are people trying to bring everybody they know with them thru the VIP area that are not VIPs. You have Diamond, not to many a cruise. Platinum, starting to be 1 to 200 per cruise. FTTF, maybe 60, I think more then that. Suites, don't know how many people that is. All in a area for 100 people. Long conversation with the CD and Capt at tea time on our last cruise, all about embarkation and debarkation. The Capt has nothing to do with it, but the CD does for debarkation. Embarkation is done by each port and they just about do whatever they want. Its like the loyalty program they are looking at it. So that means nothing will change.

Edited by PA Dutchman

Wish Long Beach had seating for 100 inside. The Little Building might sit 30, if everyone is friendly. You're expected to wait outside after checking in. There are only three agents inside. At times our nonVIP car mates have been onboard before us.

Long Beach has separated FTTF check in from Diamond/Platinum/Suite checkin.

we are platinum now!!:) but, for the first 9 cruises, we waited in line to check in for up to 2 hours.:eek: but now we earned the right to go to the front of the line.:) what makes people think they are special?:)

we are going on the liberty in about 28 days with another couple who hasn't cruised before. they know they can not check in with us. they are going to meet us on board. not a problem at all!!:)

Carnival needs to do something about the VIP areas they are getting way to full before embarkation starts. There still are people trying to bring everybody they know with them thru the VIP area that are not VIPs. You have Diamond, not to many a cruise. Platinum, starting to be 1 to 200 per cruise. FTTF, maybe 60, I think more then that. Suites, don't know how many people that is. All in a area for 100 people. Long conversation with the CD and Capt at tea time on our last cruise, all about embarkation and debarkation. The Capt has nothing to do with it, but the CD does for debarkation. Embarkation is done by each port and they just about do whatever they want. Its like the loyalty program they are looking at it. So that means nothing will change.

Absolutely agree that they need to clean up the priority boarding but FTTF do not belong in the priority lounge.

My family took a new family with us last year and added them to our sail and sign card so that they could get thru VIFP with us and not stand in the lines. Then when we got on board just took them off and put them on their own account. I have read that Carnival isn't letting you do this anymore but when I called Carnival, the person on the other end said sure! Can you or can't you?

This was not a bad post as some implied. What happened to her was in the past and it sounded like they thought it was alright, no one stopped them. Things have changed now and was in conflict about if it's done or not because she's been reading the boards here.

As others have said, the loophole is supposed to be closed now, but I'm sure a few slip through.

We have been Platinum for several years now; but, I always enjoyed the energy we got from the other passengers getting on board. Everyone is excited and ready for fun. Several times we would run into those same line buddies on the cruise and have a pleasant "how is it going" type conversation or "what have yall done?" I just don't see that in the VIP sections. We have had several cruises with friends who had to go through the other lines while we had to go through the VIP. I would have preferred to go with them through the normal line, many times with them getting finished faster than us. I think the VIP lines are overrated and yes I have seen a higher level of "entitlement" attitude in that section.

Edited by scuabacruiser

I guess you didn't realize that this family pushed back a true earner of the program, which I hope you realize is wrong.

Glad to hear they closed the loophole.

I guess you didn't realize that this family pushed back a true earner of the program, which I hope you realize is wrong.

Glad to hear they closed the loophole.

Totally agree. As someone else called them "cheaters", they should be fined the amount of FTTF

Edited by HawkIVette