Sept 13 Cozumel - Carnival - RCI

gwb3636

Holy smokes - I booked a cruise that will be in Cozumel on Sept 13 and discovered there will be 11,118 total people from - Vision Of The Seas, Carnival Elation, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Victory in port. Wow. If you have been in Cozumel on a Saturday with so many people could you tell me how it affected the excursions etc. or should I not be concerned. Thanks for any replies! I got this info from some port website that tells you the ships that will be docked on any day of the year.

Cozumel shouldn't be too bad because there are multiple piers. We were in St Martin in December with 9 ships and 26,500 passengers, including 6000 just on the Oasis of the Seas. There were so many ships that 5 of them had to tender, including us.

My last cruise we had five ships there. Crowds weren't an issue. We didn't do an excursion and spent the day downtown shopping and doing some barhopping. None of the shops, bars, or restaurants that we visited seemed crowded at all. There's so much to do in Coz that it easily absorbs the large numbers of people that come with that many ships.

Holy smokes - I booked a cruise that will be in Cozumel on Sept 13 and discovered there will be 11,118 total people from - Vision Of The Seas, Carnival Elation, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Victory in port. Wow. If you have been in Cozumel on a Saturday with so many people could you tell me how it affected the excursions etc. or should I not be concerned. Thanks for any replies! I got this info from some port website that tells you the ships that will be docked on any day of the year.

Last fall when we were in Cozumel there were 6 other ships besides ours!, for a total of 7:eek:

I was really nervous ahead of time thinking about what a goat rodeo it was going to be!

I was pleasantly surprised, though -- really didn't notice much of an problem. The sidewalks downtown were a tad bit more congested, but that was it.

It was a non-issue -- you'll be fine!

Last time we were in Cozumel, the Allure of the Seas, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Valor, Carnival Inspiration, and Norwegian Spirit were all there. Something like 17-18,000 passengers. Didn't feel crowded. Had no issues due to the number of people.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app