RCL Crystal Block Question

I e-mailed C&A Society with my question one week ago, received acknowledgment of my inquiry but never received a reply. Knowing that users of this board represent an absolute wealth of RCL facts and information, I am turning to CC with my question.

DW and I each currently have 326 completed RCL cruise points. If we complete three more 7-day RCL sailings between now and 12/31/2014 and then sail on an 8-day itinerary on the Quantum in January 2015, will we be entitled to receive the Quantum Crystal Block during the January Quantum sailing?

Thanks!!

Good to say but rarely received a block on the correct ship

So don't hang on it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have always received the correct block on the current ship. I'm sorry that your experience was different. :rolleyes::D

Good to say but rarely received a block on the correct ship

So don't hang on it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have always received our crystal block on the ship where we earned that milestone number.

Gregg, what you need to do next time is when you are on a ship where you know you will be earning that significant milestone number, see the LA when you first board and remind them of the fact.

Edited by cruisenfever

We are among those who did not receive our 1st crystal ship block on the cruise.

It was a B2B on Brilliance of the Seas and we should have had ours on the first week. I was actually excited as this was our first visit to Europe and I thought it would be a nice memento.

We approached the Loyalty Ambassador, who was busy catering to cruisers who had many more points than we will likely ever have, and told that we were wrong.

Well, I was pretty sure that if we passed 140 points we earned a crystal block but I didn't want a further confrontation. So, I contacted C&A after we returned and we were sent a crystal block.

We are among those who did not receive our 1st crystal ship block on the cruise.

It was a B2B on Brilliance of the Seas and we should have had ours on the first week. I was actually excited as this was our first visit to Europe and I thought it would be a nice memento.

We approached the Loyalty Ambassador, who was busy catering to cruisers who had many more points than we will likely ever have, and told that we were wrong.

Well, I was pretty sure that if we passed 140 points we earned a crystal block but I didn't want a further confrontation. So, I contacted C&A after we returned and we were sent a crystal block.

Not sure if this applies to your situation, but sometimes the points don't update in time for the LA to have an accurate point total by the time of your cruise. We've been in that situation before and brought our SeaPass card from the previous cruise so the LA could verify we were eligible for the block.

Not sure if this applies to your situation, but sometimes the points don't update in time for the LA to have an accurate point total by the time of your cruise. We've been in that situation before and brought our SeaPass card from the previous cruise so the LA could verify we were eligible for the block.

Well...there's that, and then there is also the fact that when they did the point conversion 140 was a new level and there was some confusion. And then those of us that were beyond 140 at the conversion, were told we couldn't receive them retroactively. :)

Well...there's that, and then there is also the fact that when they did the point conversion 140 was a new level and there was some confusion. And then those of us that were beyond 140 at the conversion, were told we couldn't receive them retroactively. :)

You're right, I remember that. People who were at 19 cruise credits and would have gotten a block on their next cruise got converted to 146 points and missed their 140 block.

Was that by any change the 2012 TA? We had a block coming that initially was denied by the assistant LA, who would have said anything to make us go away (and she lied that they didn't have any blocks onboard). Miami had sent an incomplete list and onboard staff hadn't checked it properly. The LA researched it and we got our block before we disembarked.

It had nothing to do with other people having more cruises as we were in the top 5 couples. Just sloppy bookkeeping and a ship that wasn't up to RCI standards at the time. I hear she's all better now.:)

still dont have a block and not sure if I want one. We have downsized and not sure where I would put something that takes up more room in the house. I would rather have a perk to take my hubby out for a dinner at cozy spot an announce we made it.

Really. Every time I look at ours I wonder how much $$ did I pay for that paperweight?

They should give you a free cruise or something for the points, $$ spent.

When I know we are due for a block, I always email Crown & Anchor a few weeks before the cruise to "ask if we are on the list." It takes them 1-2 weeks to respond, but I have had no problems since I started doing that.

Peter

We do a similar thing on board, and ask the LA how they distribute the block. Several times they have given us the block on the spot.

Edited by clarea

I don't undertand how the conversion could mess up 140 and 210?:confused:
Originally you did not get a block for 140 and the first block was at about 30 cruise credits. I was going to get it after my next cruise, then at the conversion they added on 140 block and I had more then 210(218 I think) "Points" so I did not get my first block until 280 points. Edited by FLACRUISER99

Originally you did not get a block for 140 and the first block was at about 30 cruise credits. I was going to get it after my next cruise, then at the conversion they added on 140 block and I had more then 210(218 I think) "Points" so I did not get my first block until 280 points.

OK, now I understand. The points conversion made you miss 210.

They added the block at 20 cruise credits sometime before the conversion to points. That might have happened around the time they kicked the Diamonds out of the CL. I remember they did not retroactively give blocks to everyone beyond 20 cruise credits.

Yup...we never got one for 140 nor 210 also.......Oh well...life goes on....:D

We discovered this perk after we bypassed our 140 mark. The following is our response from C&A:

RE: Crystal Block Request

Dear Sandra:

Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for any delay in our response.

We sincerely regret that we were unable to deliver your crystal block while you were onboard the Freedom of the Seas, October 13, 2013. The crystal block is a gift that we wholeheartedly want you to receive, therefore we would be more than happy to send this item to you directly at no additional cost.

Please respond to this e-mail confirming your current mailing address so that we may process your request. Kindly note: We are unable to place orders with a post office box address.

Your membership information, including a list of benefits, is also available online within the Crown & Anchor Society section of our website at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/crownandanchor. Make sure to visit often for exclusive offers and access to our weekly Going, Going, Gone Sale.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again. Our Crown & Anchor Society representatives will be happy to assist you. For your convenience our contact information is provided below.

Sandra, we look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon.

Sincerely,

Rebecca Olson

Crown & Anchor Society

We received our crystal block within a week.