Port of Tampa parking

jimmy2x

Anyone parked directly at the port recently? I do know the cost, but would like info on convenience and also whether anyone has used the valet service. Thanks.

No, we haven't. But we're on the Ryndam on that cruise...and the 7 days prior! Have you joined the Cruise Critic Roll Call?

Last time we used the port parking, I could have thrown a rock from my verandah on board and hit my truck, it was literally that close. As I recall, parking was $15 per day, but that was 1.5 years ago. We did not use the valet service. Once out of the terminal, you cross the 2 drop-off lanes and take a gradual ramp down to the parking lot.

Edited by 0bnxshs

There is a parking lot across the street from the HAL Terminal. Grass lot fenced. I believe it is open 7am to 3 PM. There is a shuttle bus if too far too walk; 5 minute walk. Cost is $7-$8 per day. I think it is called Premier Parking. There are negative reviews on TripAdvisor; we live in the Tampa Bay area and used this lot twice last year; no problem.

If you are staying overnight in Tampa pre-cruise, a lot of the hotels close to the port offer inexpensive parking. Some hotels offer the parking without a stay. They all have shuttle service to pier.

Don't recall the cost, but last time out of Tampa, a few years back, we used the Valet parking. Really convenient and when we returned I handed my claim check to the valet and had my car with-in 3 minutes. I would recommend it.:)

Last time we used the port parking, I could have thrown a rock from my verandah on board and hit my truck, it was literally that close. As I recall, parking was $15 per day, but that was 1.5 years ago. We did not use the valet service. Once out of the terminal, you cross the 2 drop-off lanes and take a gradual ramp down to the parking lot.

This was our experience, too. Cross the 2 drop off lanes and take the ramp down to the lot. Couldn't be easier.

If you look on HAL facts and go to Ryndam cabin 179, you can see the parking area in the balcony pics. I flew in so don't know cost but it couldn't be closer.

That is how close we remember the parking lot to be. We could see the frost on the cars as we docked, it was one of those chilly winter mornings.

In 2006 we parked literally at the terminal door in Tampa. We had misjudged travel time from DM's home and arrived at the port around 10:00am or even earlier. We were the only passengers there. DH dropped DM and I at the terminal door, and then he parked in a 1st row spot closest to the door. At that time of morning our car was the only one in the lot. I'm sure things may have changed some since, but we found the parking so fantastic back then we didn't worry about the $$$.

Yes, the ramp garage is right across the street, but the drop off area is so narrow and congested, it is just easier to get out of the car, let the stevedore take the luggage, and we are off. Returning from the cruise, we have a guy take our luggage right out to where the valet returns the car to us - very easy. And by the way, having a porter take your luggage always seems faster going through customs.