noise levels on the rotterdam deck

cardboardcharlie

I have a room on the eurdem on the Rotterdam deck aft near elevator

on their web site it says it may have a chance of hearing noise at certain

times of the day what type of noise are they talking about thanks

Rotterdam deck has staterooms above and below. Should be no problem. Maybe this is a generic statement that they give to everybody. You would possibly have noise on the navigation deck as it is under the Lido and pool and some of the rooms have noise at night and early morning as preparations are made for the next day.

You did not say which room but there is an open area just behind the elevators on the navigation deck that may be a work room and could cause issues if you were directly under it.

The one potential noise problem in my experience is IF there is extremely rough water - and I mean Really Rough water (weather way beyond normal rough water), the elevators sometimes make a banging sound as they hit the walls of the shaft. This noise will be heard in many cabins, but of course the closer you are to the elevators the louder the noise.

This would not keep me from a cabin such as yours and in over 500 days of cruising with HAL I believe I would only need one hand to count the number of days this has been an issue.

the room number is 7082

Too funny! We have 7086 and 7088! I think it will be okay! Ship elevators are not as bad as Hotel elevators.... It will become a familiar noise associated with Cruising! I haven't sailed since 2006 and I sometimes STILL hear the sounds similar to the Balcony partitions banging and... I remember the experience.... I love everything cruising!

If you are on our sailing, we can compare notes! We sail Nov 30 2014! Can't wait!!