Price Drops and Complex Rate

Disconnections

Hello everyone,

I'm hoping you may be able to help. Princess' reservation department is currently closed and I'm not as familiar with handling price drops on Princess as I am with Carnival.

We are booked on a 9 night cruise under a single confirmation number. We are currently booked in a triple occupancy room because our full travel party had prior commitments. Our fare code was RX9 and was the second and third guests were half off, as it was considerably cheaper. We had redeemed the FCC from the 100% back promotion for this cruise, as well as having a FCC with onboard credit applied to this sailing and our shareholder onboard credit. The final payment date was a few weeks ago.

On our Alaska cruise, we booked at a non-refundable sale rate and the price dropped a little bit. We were able to get the difference refunded to us as we upgraded to the next category in the same stateroom type for $5 more per person.

This cruise is a little trickier because of the complex rates. In our same stateroom type, it appears that all higher categories are at a cheaper price. However, the next meta type would only cost $50 total to upgrade to (after our 100% back FCC credit is factored in.) If we are able to upgrade to either a higher category in the same stateroom type or to the next meta, it appears we will receive an additional $400 onboard credit.

If what I'm hoping we can do is possible, we would upgrade to the next stateroom type. The 100% certificate is still listed under the Circle Savings Account as being applied to this booking, but will Princess be able to use it towards a discount off the current fare because it is the same sailing? Would we also be able to receive the additional onboard credit of $400 because of the new fare rules?

Thanks so much for all of your help. I'll be calling first thing in the morning when I wake up to see if Princess will be able to accommodate this.

Edited by Disconnections

Unless this is past final payment or for any other reason this is for new bookings only, you should be able change your booking at the current fare with the current OBC and keep the "free cruise" fare payment.

If there were any special amenities on your original booking that do not exist with the current offer, you would lose them. If the current offer does not include the 50% off on the extra passengers, then they would be charged the current pricing.

Edited by caribill

Unless this is past final payment or for any other reason this is for new bookings only, you should be able change your booking at the current fare with the current OBC and keep the "free cruise" fare payment.

If there were any special amenities on your original booking that do not exist with the current offer, you would lose them. If the current offer does not include the 50% off on the extra passengers, then they would be charged the current pricing.

I am currently past final payment, but I was with the Alaska cruise and that was booked at a non-refundable sale promotion. I was under the impression that after final payment, I can still upgrade if the cost is higher. This new fare does not appear to be for new bookings only because it doesn't have a sale flag or a new bookings only flag.

Even with the current pricing, it would be $50 total for all passengers to upgrade to the next stateroom type if that cruise credit can be applied to the new rate.

Thanks again for your response, caribill.

Edited by Disconnections