Breakaway...Recommendations???

defeser

I'm debating between the Breakaway or Regal Princess for a family cruise leaving December 28, 2014. My family consists of my wife, 11 yr. old son, and 8 yr. old daughter. We have sailed on RCCL, Carnival, and NCL and have enjoyed them all! We were on the Epic during its inaugural season and enjoyed it a lot. For those of you who have already sailed on the Breakaway, would you recommend this ship over the brand new Regal Princess for our New Years Cruise this December??? Thanks for your feedback! :)

Hi there.

Never sailed Princess, but just sailed on Breakaway last month and loved it so much we plan on going again early next summer.

Great ship with a ton of things for the whole family to do!

Would highly recommend Breakaway.

Have fun either way you choose :)

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

I think cruise lines have more in common than they have different. With that being said, I've sailed both lines multiple times and thought that the breakaway had the best 'party' atmosphere of any ship I've ever sailed on.

The breakaway reminded me of all the best parts Manhattan: Lively, diverse, Fun, action-packed. Of course, like Times Square it also appeared more crowded than other ships her size (I believe the main pool is a design flaw). The waterslides and rope course on the Breakaway are terrific for kids of all ages. I give an edge to Princess for overall food, MUTS, and the Sanctuary. If you're looking for relaxation, I'd say Princess. If you're looking for action I'd vote for Breakaway.

Ultimately, 'd let price and itinerary make my final decision. You can't go wrong with either :).

Our oldest son was 9 on our breakaway cruise and he would go back in a heartbeat :). If you can afford a Haven cabin all the better, because you can enjoy the hustle and bustle of the ship, but still get some peace and quiet in the Haven. We loved the h6 aft penthouse suite :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk