Royal Caribbean C & A members

kandj05

My DH and I are currently Platinum members but will be Diamond after our next cruise. Yes, we will be bypassing Emerald level.

My questions are:

*Do you sail only with RCI? Why or why not?

*How is the equivalent level of a diamond treated on Celebrity?

*If you could make a suggestion how RCI could better help their C & A members, what would it be?

*Our next cruise is Panama Canal. Any must see suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank you to each of you for your help!

Jackie

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

How did you bypass Emerald?

If someone has 54 points, they are Platinum. They would only need 26 points to make Diamond. They could do that in one 13 night cruise in a suite.

Edited by clarea

Panama Canal: See if RCI brings someone onboard to give a historic perspective on the Canal construction. If so, enjoy it. Also, we had a great breakfast on our balcony as we started our trip through the Atlantic locks. Most cruise ships are barely small enough to make it through. It's a VERY tight fit.

Enjoy your trip.

Clare, we are bypassing it exactly as described. We are in a JS and it is a 15 night cruise. I keep telling my hubby we should take a short cruise before then just to be an Emerald. ..lol.

Clare, we are bypassing it exactly as described. We are in a JS and it is a 15 night cruise. I keep telling my hubby we should take a short cruise before then just to be an Emerald. ..lol.

Definitely not worth taking an extra cruise just to be Emerald!

We became Diamond in the middle of our last cruise (of course, we weren't able to take advantage of that status then but will be able to on our next cruise in 2015).

We only cruise with RCI. We are so comfortable with them that we have no desire to change to another line (we MAY try Celebrity in the future if there's an agenda that catches our eye); plus, as DH says, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Hi Jackie

I sail mostly royal

Their loyalty is generally better than any other around

Princess would be next with free laundry and free minibar

Cunard gives great internet

Celebrity gives you elite status and a lounge like royal so is similar

I like royal as the lounge is a nice social areA where I have made many friends and the perks keep me coming back

Advice to C&a would be to definitely watch these threads and to follow their upgrade policy which I am yet to see work

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are diamond and have been really loyal. We just get comfortable with one thing and stick to it. However, we are switching it up next summer and trying ncl because they have a great itinerary and fabulous prices. I'll be back to royal, but I don't know when.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I think I recall someone posting a complete list of benefits for platinum members, like "buy one juice and get one free"". I would really like to print this out if someone can direct me to the link. I know about the items on the coupon booklet but there are others. We got the extra discount for booking a balcony for platinum members, and I know about priority boarding. Thanks!

I think I recall someone posting a complete list of benefits for platinum members, like "buy one juice and get one free"". I would really like to print this out if someone can direct me to the link. I know about the items on the coupon booklet but there are others. We got the extra discount for booking a balcony for platinum members, and I know about priority boarding. Thanks!

Other than the coupon booklet and balcony discount, these are the only other perks I can think of:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do

Edited by clarea

My DH and I are currently Platinum members but will be Diamond after our next cruise. Yes, we will be bypassing Emerald level.

My questions are:

*Do you sail only with RCI? Why or why not?

*How is the equivalent level of a diamond treated on Celebrity?

*If you could make a suggestion how RCI could better help their C & A members, what would it be?

*Our next cruise is Panama Canal. Any must see suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank you to each of you for your help!

Jackie

To date we have only cruised on Royal, and from our first cruise to our most recent on Allure, we have enjoyed them, and see little reason to seek out another cruise line. We probably will at some point, if an itinerary that we want is better on another line....so far, no reason to do it.

We enjoy the familiarity we can expect when we go on a Royal ship, as well as the expectation of lots to do and good entertainment.....not always top performers, but entertaining overall.

What I wish Royal did for its C&A members was reward them with the ability to combine offers. Considering the overall loyalty that the cruisers have given to the line, by the time they are Diamond (for example), it would not hurt the line to offer the ability to combine multiple offers rather than it being one or the other. It could be tiered to the C&A level you are at -- for instance, up to Emerald, only one offer allowed; up to Diamond then a max of two offers can be combined, for Diamond and up, up to 3 offers can be combined.