MSC Magnifica picture heavy fun review -- 12 days British Isles incl. DIY port trips

Kreuzfahrtneuling

Stef,

I have enjoyed this review so much, thank you for all the time and effort you have put into it. Earlier(many months ago) I described it as the Downton Abbey of reviews and it has continued to be amusing, heartfelt, educational and gripping. The Dublin experience was a real heart stopper and your family all dealt with it so calmly. No doubt 'missing the boat' will be your most memorable cruise event ever! Thank you again for all the enjoyment your review has brought to your many followers over many months. I look forward to your next episode or adventures at sea.

Best wishes,

Adrian.

ps: On your next cruise go for self disembarkation. We hadn't booked this on the Fantasia but we just walked off with our cases after breakfast and it was quick and easy.

BRAVO! BRAVO!

I'm throwing roses at the stage now (pretend you're on a stage) :D

I thoroughly enjoyed your review and all the pictures.

Thank you for all your hard work and the time you took to do this for all of us.

I can't wait until the next one!

:p:eek::p Oh my -- roses.... how cool! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Believe it or not -- I'm already missing the daily routine of writing for a current review....lol -- so I'm guessing I'll start the new one very soon after our upcoming cruise. We have some very fun things planned for our port days, so I think it should be interesting. Sadly, Tarik's usually very helpful pictures of course will be missing... this time only two cameras out there for you all to capture stuff.

Stef

Stef,

I have enjoyed this review so much, thank you for all the time and effort you have put into it. Earlier(many months ago) I described it as the Downton Abbey of reviews and it has continued to be amusing, heartfelt, educational and gripping. The Dublin experience was a real heart stopper and your family all dealt with it so calmly. No doubt 'missing the boat' will be your most memorable cruise event ever! Thank you again for all the enjoyment your review has brought to your many followers over many months. I look forward to your next episode or adventures at sea.

Best wishes,

Adrian.

ps: On your next cruise go for self disembarkation. We hadn't booked this on the Fantasia but we just walked off with our cases after breakfast and it was quick and easy.

Hi Adrian,

:p thank you so much!

We actually planned, just to hang out on board as long as we possibly can and don't disembark until they force us too:D. That way, the hordes would be gone already and we could just grab our "left-over" luggage.

But for this upcoming trip for the first time ever, we'll have a transfer to the airport... It was a travelagency deal with flights and transfers all combined ... so we might not be able to go through with our plans ... lol -- and in that case, self disembarkation sounds at least like a good plan to catch our flight at all:o.

Stef

Steff;

I would like to add my congratulations to you for writing such a great review. I enjoyed reading every post and the pictures are magnificent.

I don't think you mentioned which ship you are sailing on for your next cruise and also the itinerary. I would like to have this information so that I will know which board to be watching for your review.

Bon Voyage!!

Geoff

It was just such a grand feeling to be back onboard. Here’s a proof picture with us in our Ireland t-shirts:

16235045072_a74bb7de0b_b.jpg

Lol- that’s a picture of the Titanic in the back on that wall.

Thank you for another long and very informative review :)

Sorry to hear that you've missed the ship in Dublin (I actually live there :) ). It's the worst nightmare of any cruise fan to see your ship sailing away. But I think after all you were lucky for two reasons:

1. You've missed your ship in Ireland, where people are genuinely nice and helpful

2. Your next port was Cork, so it only took a train ride, rather than taking plane to get there.

Steff;

I would like to add my congratulations to you for writing such a great review. I enjoyed reading every post and the pictures are magnificent.

I don't think you mentioned which ship you are sailing on for your next cruise and also the itinerary. I would like to have this information so that I will know which board to be watching for your review.

Bon Voyage!!

Geoff

Hi Geoff

:p thanks!

:)We'll be travelling on the MSC Armonia and these will be our ports of call:

Las Palmas, Gran Canaria

Puerto del Rosario, Fuerteventura

Funchal, Madeira (:p:p:pone and a half glorious days!!!!)

Puerto de la Cruz, La Palma

Santa Cruz, Tenerife

Whoohooooo!!!!!

I'll post the review on the MSC board and will post a link to it on the Spain ports board and Portugal ports board (if there is such a thing)as well. You shouldn't have any problems finding it.

Stef

Thank you for another long and very informative review :)

Sorry to hear that you've missed the ship in Dublin (I actually live there :) ). It's the worst nightmare of any cruise fan to see your ship sailing away. But I think after all you were lucky for two reasons:

1. You've missed your ship in Ireland, where people are genuinely nice and helpful

2. Your next port was Cork, so it only took a train ride, rather than taking plane to get there.

Hi Joloca2208, sorry, the quoting didn't work.

:pThanks! You're welcome!

:D Whoohoo -- a Dubliner! Loved your city! Yup, it was the best port to get stuck in ... yet ... not an experience I want to repeat too soon in another port. Sigh, we just decided against a cool DIY off road excursion to the mysterious "Villa Winter" and the adjacent stunning Cofete beach on Fuerteventura for that reason ... bummer.

Stef

Edited by Kreuzfahrtneuling
typo

Stef, thanks for a brilliant review. I found it late(don't usually go on the MSC boards- so glad I did!). It was ideal as I read it like a book over a couple of days:).

You have a great ability to leave people wanting to continue reading- I learnt so much about the British Isles too.

I will try and remember that you are doing another cruise and look out for that review, as it will maybe make up for the fact we probably wont get chance to cruise this year as taking daughter and grandson (8) on a land based holiday this year. boo hoo:( we hoped to take them on a cruise but 2 cabins in May school holidays proved to be just too much money.And much as I love them dearly, 4 of us in a cabin would have meant someone overboard!!

Thank you so much Stef for this wonderful review. It was so much fun for me to check it out every few days for the last couple of months. Can't wait for your next review! I know you will have a great time and so will all of us when we get to read it.

Thanks so much for sharing your family's amazing adventure! Your pictures were great and you and your family are adorable!

We are taking a cruise on this route (different line) soon and can't wait. :D

Thanks again for the time you took to write this up, for including all the pictures and for "taking us along" on your vacation!

:p thank you for all the new, wonderfully appreciative posts. :p

:)Writing such a stretchy review is ever so much more fun, when you have readers who continue to read it and give you feedback. So here's a big applause back at all of you guys for taking the time to read such a mammoth-travel-journal. I feel grateful:) and a wee bit proud:cool: to have lured you here to stay.

:p...lol -- and all the promises to return to the upcoming review make me even more proud and happy! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!

Stef

I've really enjoyed following you on your adventures. Please will you post on this thread when your next review is online just in case we miss it? BTW it's hard to believe English is your second language:)

:p thanks.

Sure, I'll post on this thread once I start the new one ... no worries, you won't miss it.

:DLol -- should I write the new one in German to prove it? Just kidding.

Stef

Bravo Stef!!!!!! Excellent! !! I am so glad it is less than a couple of months until your next cruise.

I am planning to do New England/Canada cruise in September or October. Before then I have 4 land trips coming up in April, May and August. Until next time.....