MSC Magnifica picture heavy fun review -- 12 days British Isles incl. DIY port trips

Kreuzfahrtneuling

Bravo Stef!!!!!! Excellent! !! I am so glad it is less than a couple of months until your next cruise.

I am planning to do New England/Canada cruise in September or October. Before then I have 4 land trips coming up in April, May and August. Until next time.....

:p thanks!

Oh my God, the picture goddess on her way to Indian summer? That will turn out to be a feast for all of us! Yay!!! Can't wait!

Stef

Thank you so much for your review. Loved every minute of it. Although some of our ports on our upcoming cruise are different, some are the same - so I'll be using your report as a guide on what to do. Already booked our rental car in Inverness using your recommendation.

Thanks!

Thank you so much for your review. Loved every minute of it. Although some of our ports on our upcoming cruise are different, some are the same - so I'll be using your report as a guide on what to do. Already booked our rental car in Inverness using your recommendation.

Thanks!

:p thanks! Whoohoo, got a new customer for Ken's Garage ... lol ... maybe we'll get a discount on a future rental someday:rolleyes:. You'll love your trip ... it's a mythical and naturally overwhelming one .... enjoy to the max!

Stef

Finally have had a Sunday morning to catch up on all things Cruise Critic. I'm sad this adventure is finished and I have to admit i'm also a little devastated that Ireland did not capture your heart in the same way that Scotland did but I guess all things considered ( hey missing the ship isn't THAT big a deal) I can understand why.

Anyway I am now on my knees thanking god that you are going on another cruise and we will only be with out a Steffi fix for a short length of time. Your cruise sounds great and how jealous that you will get to enjoy some winter sunshine.

I'm also over the moon about our up coming cruise - 12 nights on Brilliance ( hurray for windjammer outside eating area) from Harwich UK to Scandinavia and an over night in St Petersburg whoop whoop. Stops in Copenhagen, Helsinki, Stockholm, Tallin, St Petes and Skagen. Copenhagen, Helsinki and Skagen are all new to us.

Anyway, you might be happy to know that I have posted to my own review today as well ( hey it only took 1 month, January was crazy for me). I'm sure you're super busy planning right now.

Catherine :)

Edited by Irish Cath

Finally have had a Sunday morning to catch up on all things Cruise Critic. I'm sad this adventure is finished and I have to admit i'm also a little devastated that Ireland did not capture your heart in the same way that Scotland did but I guess all things considered ( hey missing the ship isn't THAT big a deal) I can understand why.

Anyway I am now on my knees thanking god that you are going on another cruise and we will only be with out a Steffi fix for a short length of time. Your cruise sounds great and how jealous that you will get to enjoy some winter sunshine.

I'm also over the moon about our up coming cruise - 12 nights on Brilliance ( hurray for windjammer outside eating area) from Harwich UK to Scandinavia and an over night in St Petersburg whoop whoop. Stops in Copenhagen, Helsinki, Stockholm, Tallin, St Petes and Skagen. Copenhagen, Helsinki and Skagen are all new to us.

Anyway, you might be happy to know that I have posted to my own review today as well ( hey it only took 1 month, January was crazy for me). I'm sure you're super busy planning right now.

Catherine :)

Hi Cath,

no worries ... we seriously plan to give Ireland another chance. It's truly beautiful... not that we didn't like it...it's fascinating and we hardly got the chance to get to know it at all....and I don't see a reason, why ultimately one couldn't love both Scotland AND Ireland.

Your itinerary for the Brilliance sounds wonderful! I hardly dare to ask ... will you write a (complete:rolleyes:;)) review afterwards to let us join you?

:D:eek::DOh goodie ... you posted? running over there right now to read it.... on my way.

Stef

:p thanks.

Sure, I'll post on this thread once I start the new one ... no worries, you won't miss it.

:DLol -- should I write the new one in German to prove it? Just kidding.

Stef

Really enjoying your review as always. I guess the Germans would appreciate your review in German, but please keep it up for us single language speaking, English people.

Good to see what happens when you miss the ship. Someone on cruise critic said that a private party who went on a tour and arrived 20 minutes late (the ship waited) were charged the extra port charges. Would like to know how much that was. It would possibly discourage private tours.

rosie

Really enjoying your review as always. I guess the Germans would appreciate your review in German, but please keep it up for us single language speaking, English people.

Good to see what happens when you miss the ship. Someone on cruise critic said that a private party who went on a tour and arrived 20 minutes late (the ship waited) were charged the extra port charges. Would like to know how much that was. It would possibly discourage private tours.

rosie

Hi Rosie,

:p thanks ... and no worries ... I'll stick to English.

:eek: really??? -- port charges ??? ... I bet those must be excrutiatingly high. Maybe it depends on which line you travel on ... I feel good about the way MSC handles it with just leaving semi on time ... lol .. of course it doesn't lessen the shock to see your ship leave, but still. There were no hard feelings, angry words or rudeness involved ... lol, just tons of smirks and a weird fame ever since:o. Did I mention I love Italy?

Stef

Edited by Kreuzfahrtneuling
typo

I've a good idea !!

In both languages, first in english and than german.....

Like the crime story for students english/german

This books exist also in italian/german :D

At home i've some in spanish/german but your preferred language is italian

i think:D:D

Claudia

Hi Claudia .... lol --- :oforget it:D! One language is work intensive enough!

I am actually reading a "beginner's " Italian learning booklet right now! Lol .... but it isn't in Italian and German ... so me and my Italian dictionary are best friends these days:o.

getting restless ... only 25 more days to go!

Gosh, did I plan everything? It seems so few things populate my binder yet.

Aaaahhhh!!!!!!!

Stef

:)Whoohoo -- only three more weeks till the next cruise!

I'm soooo excited. Cruise spreadsheet all done... planning finished (well, at least to an extent I can live with considering the short time), diet coming along (gotta fit in a formal dress somehow) and excitement level rising daily.

:D:):rolleyes:I think I might start dragging the trolleys out today and start laying first "must take along" stuff in my still:rolleyes: unrenovated packing room:D.

Stef

:)Whoohoo -- only three more weeks till the next cruise!

I'm soooo excited. Cruise spreadsheet all done... planning finished (well, at least to an extent I can live with considering the short time), diet coming along (gotta fit in a formal dress somehow) and excitement level rising daily.

:D:):rolleyes:I think I might start dragging the trolleys out today and start laying first "must take along" stuff in my still:rolleyes: unrenovated packing room:D.

Stef

Yah! How exciting! Is Tarik getting excited about his ski trip? Hopefully he isn't too sad to not be going with you. We'll miss his great picture taking abilities.

I must say that in the years I have been reading CC reviews yours are by far the most balanced, the most complete and the most interesting --I always feel like I was there with you when its done!

Thank you Stef for taking the time to bring us into your experiences and for being so darned honest in all you write. You are by far the best there is at these reviews and I really love following your adventures.

Yah! How exciting! Is Tarik getting excited about his ski trip? Hopefully he isn't too sad to not be going with you. We'll miss his great picture taking abilities.

Hi denisey,

Lol -- Tarik doesn't get more excited, just more grumpy since he'd really rather go on the cruise with us than go skiing. As a matter of fact - I believe he'd even rather stay at home all by himself rather than go skiing with other teens:rolleyes:. But we are forcing him, since we really feel that he needs to socialize with his age group somewhat one of these days. We're still the meanest parents in the world and its getting worse the closer the actual trip approaches... but I really think once he made a friend there, they'll have a blast! and he'll learn how to ski ... I haven't been in eons and would love to go hit the slopes with him in the future. Lol -- so actually we're acting out of pure selfishness.

Stef

I must say that in the years I have been reading CC reviews yours are by far the most balanced, the most complete and the most interesting --I always feel like I was there with you when its done!

Thank you Stef for taking the time to bring us into your experiences and for being so darned honest in all you write. You are by far the best there is at these reviews and I really love following your adventures.

:eek::eek::eek: wow

:o:cool::o speechless

Stef

:D whoohoo -- got our travel documents today! Soooo excited! Finally we know our cabinnumber. Looking good. I think it's one of the recently added ones during the refit. Yay -- that would mean no shower curtain:D... but we'll see.

:rolleyes:Personal Pillow packed --- check!

Stef

We're still the meanest parents in the world and its getting worse the closer the actual trip approaches...

Stef

Yes, I am sure your Meanest Parents of the Year award is on its way now!

But it is very exciting that your documents have arrived! Yah!

Oh Stef

So exciting for you and Tanja :)

Can't wait til you're back so we can live through another review - we're wishing your time away for you wanting you to be back already!! :D

Carol

:D thanks Carol,

... I can't wait to get going .... lol, and to start a new review again afterwards.

Right now I'm getting nervous about the weather ... heavy rain would totally ruin pretty much all of my plans... no bad-weather alternatives this time ... wish us luck -- because the forecast says just that --- rain and thunderstorms for the days we wanna go:eek:!

Stef