MSC Magnifica picture heavy fun review -- 12 days British Isles incl. DIY port trips

Kreuzfahrtneuling

:):):)We're back!

;)lol -- and we didn't miss the ship this time!

I'll get going with a humoungous heap of laundry and after that will start to sort through our many new pictures.

Lot's of fun stories -- no heart-stoppingly-thrilling ones this time so relax and prepare for an easy-listening review.

Tarik is back as well -- and guess what? He had fun afterall:rolleyes: and knows how to ski now. Yay -- no mean parents anymore ... he even wants to go again next year! YESSSSSS!!!!!!!

I'll post a link to the new review here once I get started ... I'm guessing in about one to two weeks.

Stef

YAY!! You're back! Glad you had a great time and that Tarik had a good time as well!!:D Looking forward to your next review!!!;) I have an adventure coming up, so I hope I can read at least a few of your new installments of your great adventure!! I'm off on my first TA--the price was just too good to pass up!!:eek:

:p thanks for the warm welcome-back guys!

just loaded all pictures onto the computer ... now starting to sort ... a mammoth-job. Lol -- but I can't wait to share some with ya.

Denise -- Lol -- no way I'm giving back the reward... earned that sucker for having to endure the grumpyest kid ever for half a year:D. It gets an imaginative choice seat on the bookshelf!

the new review will have a strong emphasis on nature ... and a loootttt less history.

Stef

Denise -- Lol -- no way I'm giving back the reward... earned that sucker for having to endure the grumpyest kid ever for half a year:D. It gets an imaginative choice seat on the bookshelf!

Stef

Well...alright, you can keep it. But only if you promise to do something really mean...like make him clean his room or do his school work!

Hi Steff. Hope you had a great cruise! We were in the area on the NCL Spirit, but our ports did not coincide, otherwise I would have looked out for you! Can't wait to read about what you did. We loved Madeira btw.

• 1 month later...

:)finished writing about our Fuerteventura port stop. Next up: Madeira

Sigh, the Splendida is doing the Scotland/Ireland itinerary this year. Buhuuu, I wanna go again .... plus this time they have Kirkwall and Southhampton included as well .... howl .... missing Scotland!

Stef

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

:) finally decided on next year's summer vacation .... guess who won?

Scotland!

Just this time we'll stay on dry land ...we'll be travelling in a Panda (with the stirring weel on the left side) from our doorstep with two dogs along ..... oh goody! I really hope they allow dogs in bed and breakfast places ... might have to check that first .... and does anybody know if you can take two dogs along into a Scottish pub?

:pI can't wait to be in Scotland again!

Stef

So sorry to hear about Cody. We lost our much loved 14 year old Molly at Christmas and I can't believe how much it hurt. We've just got a Springer puppy called Betty and boy! she couldn't be more different from our old lady. She's a whirling dervish☺ but learning fast and eager to please

:) finally decided on next year's summer vacation .... guess who won?

Scotland!

Just this time we'll stay on dry land ...we'll be travelling in a Panda (with the stirring weel on the left side) from our doorstep with two dogs along ..... oh goody! I really hope they allow dogs in bed and breakfast places ... might have to check that first .... and does anybody know if you can take two dogs along into a Scottish pub?

:pI can't wait to be in Scotland again!

Stef

Hmmm....not sure about the pub, but I had always heard it was very difficult to take animals into the British Isles...that might just be from the US/Outside of Europe, but worth looking into.

Ah, I looked it up, not too bad, but there are some rules to follow first! And you should check with your vet to make sure the pets are healthy enough to travel ;) that should be the easy part!

https://www.gov.uk/pet-travel-information-for-pet-owners#countries-and-territories

The picture on this one looks a little like Stef!

http://www.visitscotland.com/en-us/travel/information/pets

Edited by denisey
Adding website....

hi suekay,

Lol -- just two adults, a dainty Border Collie Princess and a feisty pug/bulldog mix. Tarik will travel abroad in a teenager group again ... He doesn't like it, but we decided it's good for him to be dragged out of his hermit-cave once in a while to mingle with other teenagers. So tough luck, kiddo. Once he travels he does have fun afterall.

Let's see a picture of Betty!

Stef

PS: Lol -- Tanja is already crying bloody murder because of lacking space in the panda on the future trip, since I told her I'd just have to take my violin along .... wanna play while standing on a purple highland hill ... cheesy, I know, but what the hell -- I want to badly:D! ... and since she loves me and married me, I guess she has to put up with me and my nutty wishes:rolleyes:.

Hmmm....not sure about the pub, but I had always heard it was very difficult to take animals into the British Isles...that might just be from the US/Outside of Europe, but worth looking into.

Ah, I looked it up, not too bad, but there are some rules to follow first! And you should check with your vet to make sure the pets are healthy enough to travel ;) that should be the easy part!

https://www.gov.uk/pet-travel-information-for-pet-owners#countries-and-territories

The picture on this one looks a little like Stef!

http://www.visitscotland.com/en-us/travel/information/pets

:)Lol , no worries about the dogs... they'll be travelling with all the required documents. We'll take the Euro tunnel. Usually people are asked to leave their cars to travel on the person-section of the train .... lol -- except those people travelling with their dogs ... We (have to and are glad about it) stay in our Panda with the dogs for the 35 minute transfer. Lol -- I'll feel like cargo. But we couldn't have let Lena (the Princess) alone anyway.... she surely would have died of fear. The pug couldn't care less .... oh boy, we really have to keep him from getting into trouble during the trip. That'll be a challenging task:o:rolleyes:.

Stef

:)Lol , no worries about the dogs... they'll be travelling with all the required documents. We'll take the Euro tunnel. Usually people are asked to leave their cars to travel on the person-section of the train .... lol -- except those people travelling with their dogs ... We (have to and are glad about it) stay in our Panda with the dogs for the 35 minute transfer. Lol -- I'll feel like cargo. But we couldn't have let Lena (the Princess) alone anyway.... she surely would have died of fear. The pug couldn't care less .... oh boy, we really have to keep him from getting into trouble during the trip. That'll be a challenging task:o:rolleyes:.

Stef

Oh, I can't wait to see what trouble 2 women, 2 dogs and a violin can get into in Scotland! I might have to subscribe to an online newspaper!

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your splendid and interesting travelogue of your cruise on the Magnifica.

I discovered it only today as there was a link to it on my cruisecritic newsletter. I suppose you Will have lots of new readers.

How did your trip to Scotland go? Do you have also a blog for it.

A Question : why did you decide not to hire a car to the Giants causeway but rather hope for some excursion ?

Another Question : didn't you miss a window as you had several sea days, and one with heavy storm ?

Your travelogue has wetted my appetite for both a new cruise, and a trip to Scotland.

We did one cruise with Msc, on the Divina, in 2012, to the Eastern Med. The msc experience is recognisable. Both our embarkation and disembarkation were chaotic, though, in Venice.

Still i could choose msc again.

Thanks again

Belgiancruiser

Johan