West Coast Ships

MsSoCalCruiser

I read somewhere that the Golden is leaving the west coast. I still miss the Sapphire and now the Golden is leaving too?

Does anyone know what ships we will have on the West Coast for 2015 and 2016? Are they going to bring us something bigger and newer?

I'm just wondering. I hope Princess doesn't leave us... I always worry about that.

I read somewhere that the Golden is leaving the west coast. I still miss the Sapphire and now the Golden is leaving too?

Does anyone know what ships we will have on the West Coast for 2015 and 2016? Are they going to bring us something bigger and newer?

I'm just wondering. I hope Princess doesn't leave us... I always worry about that.

When I was planning my cruise for 2015 I came across several Princess ships sailing along the west coast in 2015 and 2016 (as per their website). Ships included: Grand, Star, Coral, Ruby, Crown, Golden and Pacific. Not sure if they fall into bigger or newer...I'm still trying to figure out the different types of ships myself!

When I was planning my cruise for 2015 I came across several Princess ships sailing along the west coast in 2015 and 2016 (as per their website). Ships included: Grand, Star, Coral, Ruby, Crown, Golden and Pacific. Not sure if they fall into bigger or newer...I'm still trying to figure out the different types of ships myself!

Thank you. I'm not sure where I read that the Golden is going to leave but hopefully I'm wrong. I see some on your list that I will need to try. My first cruise was on RCCL and then poof they were gone.

I imagine once the widening of the Panama Canal finally is finished, maybe it'll mean more ships going back forth so that we can try out the newer ships without flying to the east coast. I'm not holding my breath though, but before last year, the newest ship we've had was the Sapphire, built in 2004. With the Ruby, built in 2008, we've progressed a few years.

I wonder if the Golden will come back? I wish I could go with her to the South Pacific/New Zealand!

The Golden will be coming back in May 2016 with us on her. We will be doing the TP from Sydney to Los Angeles. :D

Cheers, Denise

Golden is doing Alaska inside passage r/t from San Francisco 10 days for 2015 Summer and South Pacific/New Zealand for 2015/16 Winter.
I wonder if the Golden will come back? I wish I could go with her to the South Pacific/New Zealand!
She will be back again in mid-May of 2016, presumably to do the Alaskan season. If she continues that routine we will look at doing a westbound TP from the west coast to Sydney with stops in Hawaii, Tahiti, Samoa and New Zealand in the fall of 2016 :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Golden is doing Alaska inside passage r/t from San Francisco 10 days for 2015 Summer and South Pacific/New Zealand for 2015/16 Winter.

I'm booked on the Golden to Alaska, r/t out of SFO in the later part of next July.

The Golden will be coming back in May 2016 with us on her. We will be doing the TP from Sydney to Los Angeles. :D

Cheers, Denise

That is great news, we were afraid she might stay in Australia permanently. Now we are looking into that Golden 2016 crossing Sydney to Los Angeles, thank you for the information dchip!

We will be on the Golden three times before she goes to Oz. Our favorite of these three is the one from San Francisco to Alaska in May of next year. Always exciting to sail under the Golden Gate Bridge.

Hendrika

Good Memories

1980 Society Expeditions – Galapagos

1981 Island (old) Princess – Alaska

1988 Lindblad Expeditions – Sea of Cortez

1988 Society Expeditions – Canada/New England

1989 Society Expeditions – Alaska

1995 Cruise West – Alaska

1996 Kangaroo Explorer - Great Barrier Reef

1997 Reef Endeavour - Great Barrier Reef

1998 Reef Endeavour- Great Barrier Reef

2010 Sun Princess – Australia/New Zealand

2011 Sapphire Princess – 7-day Mexico Riviera

2011 HAL Rotterdam – Baltic

2011 HAL Rotterdam – Norwegian Fjords

2011 Sapphire Princess – 7-day California Coastal

2012 Ruby Princess – Grand Mediterranean. Barcelona to Venice

2012 Ruby Princess – Grand Mediterranean. Venice to Barcelona

2012 Golden Princess – Alaska

2012 Golden Princess – Hawaii. RT Los Angeles

2013 Sapphire Princess – 7-day Mexico Riviera

2013 Sapphire Princess – 7-day California Coastal

2013 Grand Princess – Alaska. RT San Francisco

2013 Sun Princess – Australia/New Zealand

2014 Star Princess – Alaska RT San Francisco

coming up

09/24/14 Golden Princess – 4 day Coastal Sampler

10/20/14 Dawn Princess – 13 day Australia/New Zealand

12/04/14 Grand Princess – 15 day Hawaii

04/16/15 Golden Princess – 10 day Mexico Riviera

05/22/15 Golden Princess – 10 day Alaska RT San Francisco

12/05/15 Island Princess – 15 day Panama Canal

Linda, the Crown is a really nice ship. I think she may be doing Mexico and Coastal cruises. I would be really surprised if Princess left the West Coast. Hope you are having a great Sunday.:)

Hmm, may have to book a cruise on the Crown. The Ruby also sounds like a must try.

I'm sure you're right, Princess would never leave us. That would really mess me up since I'm a few years x10 away from retirement. :eek:

I had a nice Sunday. I worked on some wedding stuff today and of course I needed to take a few breaks and check out what's on CC. I hope you had a great Sunday too!

The Crown and Ruby will be sailing from LA and the Grand from San Francisco during the 2015/2016 winter season. The Ruby was the newest Princess ship until the Royal was launched last year.

I did not know that. Thank you for letting me know. It sounds like we are lucky to have both of these ships on the west coast.

How are you both?

That is great news, we were afraid she might stay in Australia permanently. Now we are looking into that Golden 2016 crossing Sydney to Los Angeles, thank you for the information dchip!

We will be on the Golden three times before she goes to Oz. Our favorite of these three is the one from San Francisco to Alaska in May of next year. Always exciting to sail under the Golden Gate Bridge.

You are so welcome! I was just checking what was available for 2016 and found the TP which was Number #1 on our bucket list. Really excited because it will be our 50th anniversary cruise.

We love sailing out of San Francisco. Our upcoming B2B will give us that pleasure twice in10 days. :D

Sounds wonderful. Have a great cruise and thank you for bringing her home :)

Thanks so much. We will bring her back in good shape!!

Cheers, Denise

I did not know that. Thank you for letting me know. It sounds like we are lucky to have both of these ships on the west coast.

How are you both?

We are doing well. Will be leaving in a week for a Grand Med cruise on the Regal :)

We are doing well. Will be leaving in a week for a Grand Med cruise on the Regal :)

That sounds amazing! I am so happy for you! How long is your cruise? Is your daughter going with you?

Since I won't fit in your suitcase, I hope you do some live posting so I can at least live through you. I can't wait to hear all about your adventures on the Regal :)

That sounds amazing! I am so happy for you! How long is your cruise? Is your daughter going with you?

Since I won't fit in your suitcase, I hope you do some live posting so I can at least live through you. I can't wait to hear all about your adventures on the Regal :)

Our daughter went with us on our Baltic cruise last year and we received an upsell to a suite for only $598 for the three of us :) :) This year she is not going with us. In addition to the 12 day cruise we are spending two days pre cruise in Barcelona and two days post cruise in Venice. We will be boarding the Crown for a 7day CA coastal in October with Janet's DS and her DH for her sister's retirement cruise. I probably won't have time on the port intensive Grand Med cruise to post live, but I will be making a comparison between the two ships and post my thoughts after the cruise on the Crown.