one more HSB question re: Sunday 3pm arrival

herbanrenewal

With all the posts regarding the new service I still am not sure how late the HSB shuttle runs on sundays.

With limited time in port for our Grandeur cruise, we arrive sunday at 3pm and really want to spend a few hours at HSB. Does anyone have any idea how late the sunday shuttle runs for return to ship?

With all the posts regarding the new service I still am not sure how late the HSB shuttle runs on sundays.

With limited time in port for our Grandeur cruise, we arrive sunday at 3pm and really want to spend a few hours at HSB. Does anyone have any idea how late the sunday shuttle runs for return to ship?

.....I don't think you'll have enough time on Sunday to do what you want.

If I read the schedules correctly, going from Hamilton to the Dockyard, the last ferry leaves @ 5PM and the last bus @ 6PM.

Hope this helps.

wasiii

If I read the schedules correctly, going from Hamilton to the Dockyard, the last ferry leaves @ 5PM and the last bus @ 6PM.

Hope this helps.

wasiii

My understanding is that there is a new shuttle for tourists.

I am hoping that the $16 shuttle runs later than the regular buses.

According to a recent post (from someone who sailed on NCL I believe), the last beach shuttle left Dockyard at 3pm on Sunday with the last return trip from Horseshoe Bay at 6pm. If that is true on the Sundays when the Grandeur arrives, then the last shuttle would leave before you could disembark the ship. Maybe (and I'm just speculating) they run a little later on Sundays when the Grandeur arrives because of the ship's late arrival time.

Hope this helps.

wasiii

On Sunday the last ferry leaves Hamilton for Dockyard at 6pm, the last number 7 bus leaves Hamilton for Dockyard at 4:30 pm, but the OP is asking about the beach shuttle service between Dockyard and Horseshoe Bay, not public bus and ferry service between Hamilton and Dockyard.

On Sunday the last ferry leaves Hamilton for Dockyard at 6pm, the last number 7 bus leaves Hamilton for Dockyard at 4:30 pm, but the OP is asking about the beach shuttle service between Dockyard and Horseshoe Bay, not public bus and ferry service between Hamilton and Dockyard.

Thank you for pointing out that I did not answer the OP's question correctly.

And you can help the OP how? By pointing out my inadequacy?

[emoji12]

wasiii

Edited by wasiii

[emoji12]

wasiii

In the post previous (#4 on this thread) to the one you're complaining about I did help the OP by reporting my understanding of the beach shuttle schedule on Sundays as reported by another Cruise Critic poster.

How did you help the OP by not answering their question at all and providing misinformation on the bus and ferry schedules?

Edited by njhorseman

In the post previous (#4 on this thread) to the one you're complaining about I did help the OP by reporting my understanding of the beach shuttle schedule on Sundays as reported by another Cruise Critic poster.

How did you help the OP by not answering their question at all and providing misinformation on the bus and ferry schedules?

.....doing a Google search for Bermuda Bus Schedule and Bermuda Ferry Schedule.

Please forgive me if I didn't double and triple check the information I received.

wasiii

Please forgive me if I didn't double and triple check the information I received.

wasiii

You know, if I make a factual error in a post and someone points it out, my response is: "You're right. I appreciate your providing the correct information."

It's a mature, calm way to deal with it.

I'm only upset with myself if I provide misinformation because I make a practice of trying to provide the best information possible. I actually want it corrected because I don't want someone who reads the post somewhere down the road to perpetuate the misinformation that was the result of a mistake that I made.

[emoji12]

wasiii

wasiii

People will come along and say they read, such and such, and such and such is wrong. I've often wondered how or where they got the wrong information and these posts were an example in the making. There is nothing wrong with correcting misinformation.

Not sure why the regular bus and ferry schedules were posted since the person was asking about the shuttle bus.:confused:

I am sorry my question was confusing and appreciate all efforts to help.

The new shuttles are not on the current bus and ferry schedules since they are not a part of that system.

It is my understanding that the shuttles are exclusively for the cruise market.

According to the websites i have checked, the Grandeur is the only ship in port on the sunday september 14, and it doesnt get in port until 3pm. I was hoping there may be someone from Bermuda who would know if the shuttle will run, and if so, what time it will run since I believe no other ship is in port to use it.

The new shuttles are not on the current bus and ferry schedules since they are not a part of that system.

According to the websites i have checked, the Grandeur is the only ship in port on the sunday september 14, and it doesnt get in port until 3pm. I was hoping there may be someone from Bermuda who would know if the shuttle will run, and if so, what time it will run since I believe no other ship is in port to use it.

I've checked for you and per my contact the shuttles will operate.

I've checked for you and per my contact the shuttles will operate.

But the big question is until what time will they run. The only "eyewitness" report (from a cruiser who was actually there on a Sunday) was that the last shuttle left Dockyard at 3pm and the last return from Horseshoe Bay was 6pm. Of course that was on a day when the ship in port docked considerably earlier than 3 pm. I've never seen anything about what happens when the only ship arrives at 3pm.

But the big question is until what time will they run. The only "eyewitness" report (from a cruiser who was actually there on a Sunday) was that the last shuttle left Dockyard at 3pm and the last return from Horseshoe Bay was 6pm. Of course that was on a day when the ship in port docked considerably earlier than 3 pm. I've never seen anything about what happens when the only ship arrives at 3pm.

You wouldn't have heard what happens when a ship arrives late and it is the only one. Next week will be the first time that the Granduer will be in port alone with the new beach shuttle set up. The Dawn shifts to the canada itin for a few weeks than returns to Bermuda.

I presume that the shuttle team will play it by ear on the late arrival day with the one ship in port.

Please come back and report how it goes. We will have the same situation arriving on the Grandeur at 3pm Sunday on Sep 28. Would love to go to HSB if buses are running. Have a great cruise!