Dining question

Jhondy210

We are looking at going on the Freedom of the Seas either Feb. 15 or Feb. 22 of 2015. I like the itinerary for the 15th better. I was doing a mock reservation to see how much things would cost when I noticed that for the 15th the only dining that I could choose is my time dining. If I do the 22nd dining at 8pm is available.

Is it usual that dining times are not available this close to the cruise? or is it possible that if I call I could get a dining time (I really don't care which time and actually prefer the later dinner time, which I believe is the time most people don't want)

I've never done my time so I'm unsure if we would like that or not. My fiancé has never been on a cruise so I want everything to go smoothly. Since dinner times is only available for the 22nd, I'm now leaning to that cruise even though the itinerary on the 15th is better.

Any thoughts from anyone about this situation?

I would call Royal and find out if you can get on the wait list for your desired dining time. The wait list usually clears as the cruise approaches. It seems to be more likely lately that people find their desired dining time unavailable.

If that does not work, as a back-up I'd select a My Time reservation that is close to the traditional time you want.

Edited by clarea

We are looking at going on the Freedom of the Seas either Feb. 15 or Feb. 22 of 2015. I like the itinerary for the 15th better. I was doing a mock reservation to see how much things would cost when I noticed that for the 15th the only dining that I could choose is my time dining. If I do the 22nd dining at 8pm is available.

Is it usual that dining times are not available this close to the cruise? or is it possible that if I call I could get a dining time (I really don't care which time and actually prefer the later dinner time, which I believe is the time most people don't want)

I've never done my time so I'm unsure if we would like that or not. My fiancé has never been on a cruise so I want everything to go smoothly. Since dinner times is only available for the 22nd, I'm now leaning to that cruise even though the itinerary on the 15th is better.

I would book the itinerary that I liked & ask to be wait listed for dinner. Stay positive, enjoy your cruise

I've never done my time so I'm unsure if we would like that or not.

There are only 2 main differences. There are many more times to choose from and you have to prepay tips

Other than that, you are still in the mdr, still have waiters/ass. Waiters, still can sit at small to large tables, still have the same food/menus, and the same great service

I would choose the trip based on the itinerary and either get on the wait list or go change your dining time immediately when you board. They usually hold back some spaces for those who do not book online. You could always choose MTD and book 8:00 every night, or just show up when you are ready to eat. I had MTD on the Freedom last year and booked dining ahead of time, we had the same waitstaff each night.

Edited by dacsmom

Hmm, if the FOS is getting dynamic dining during its dry dock in Jan 2015, then there won't be MDR seatings to worry about, right? We're going on the Freedom in March and looking forward to reviews from you February sailors!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

True, I forgot about that.